Notices

Looking to get Legend cpe. Have some questions...

Old 12-04-2003, 12:00 PM
Batouttahell
what did you dream?...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to get Legend cpe. Have some questions...

I'm considering a mid 90's (1995-'96) Legend coupe. I'd like to find an un-pimped car from an ~original owner.
-What would I expect to pay for a clean one (<100k mi)?

-What kind of mpg should I expect? (I know the sedans can have
pretty raunchy mpg numbers)

-What's it like living/commuting with one of these big coupes on a daily basis?

-Who are the drivers of these cars stereotyped as?

Thanks,
-W-
Old 12-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Richard A.Parr

Bat, I recently bought a '95 Legend Sedan and my MPG is around
22 mixed driving without paying any particular attention to how
I drive, using premium gas. ( I don't remember ever buying premium
gas for any car I've owned before ).

I believe the Legend line ended with the '95 year production.

I, personally don't commute anywhere per say, but if I did the
Acura would be one nice car to use. That car is soooo nice to drive
you just want to GO. It just seem to want to roll without effort or fuss. In fact it's so nice that once rolling one would be tempted to just pass up the job and just go somwhere.

I never give any thought of any sterotypical types driving this except that usually they have money or intend to have money.
That's for the purchase of a new car. Those of us who buy used
are, I would say, folks who like nice cars but wouldn't spend around 45-50k for a new one. Personally I couldn't make myself
pay that much money for any car regardless. But really I would class the types that own Acuras as conservative for the most part.
I'm intrigued as to why you would concern yourself with being sterotyped as any particular type. You got some kinda complex?LOL

I bought mine through a magazine like car ads publication called
" News On Wheels " I am the third owner. The first owner leased
and the second owner is the type that buys lease returns. My car
had 86000 miles on the odo and is in nice condition for a near 9 year old car owned by a family. Non-smokers and the car was clean. It smells good and has a BOSE !!!

I check the classified ads in our local paper ( NOLA ) and see 94-95 prices arounrd 5-6-7-8000 for the coupes Some are probably pimped out if they have advertise wheels like 17-18 inches. I personally like the Legends just like they came new.

I did a search on Ebay prior to buying mine and found Legends all over the country. I passed that up as impractical and concentrated my search close to home.

Hope this helps. Good luck. RAP
Old 12-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Batouttahell
what did you dream?...

R.A.P.-
Thanks for the info on coupe ownership. Yes, it is strange to worry about what others would think about one's car choice, but I feel we don't operate our cars in a vacuum. I live in a rural area where a friend of a friend's Subaru wagon, (coincidentally?) decorated with numerous pro-environment bumper stickers was vandalized when left in a secluded roadside area deep in the heart of what would be considered a conservative, or close-minded rural area (think: "redneck"). Given the recent swell in pro-American thinking, and the hard-to-avoid-if-you-don't-want-to-get-shot practice of "profiling" by the police, it only makes a little sense to watch what message you're sending, non-verbally. Lately, in my area, there's been a tendency to really pimp these cars up. Your observation of how coupe owners "usually have money or intend to have money" is interesting because it suggests how car choice also communicates "mission statement"- "where I'm going"-type info as well. Some may even suggest that we "grow into" our cars.
That's why :0 !
-w-
Old 12-07-2003, 10:15 PM
TeggyTurbo

Default Re: Looking to get Legend cpe. Have some questions...

Originally posted by Batouttahell
I'm considering a mid 90's (1995-'96) Legend coupe. I'd like to find an un-pimped car from an ~original owner.
-What would I expect to pay for a clean one (<100k mi)?

-What kind of mpg should I expect? (I know the sedans can have
pretty raunchy mpg numbers)

-What's it like living/commuting with one of these big coupes on a daily basis?

-Who are the drivers of these cars stereotyped as?

Thanks,
-W-
I've been doing alot of research and talking about Acura Legends lately, my mechanic is the one who basically got to relize how nice these cars are!

First off to answer your questions... a stock 2nd generation (years 91-95) with under 100k mi clean, good-excellent condition goes for anywhere from $7k-10k depending on the trim.

Acura stopped production of the Legend in year 95... the 94-95 coups come in two trims L or LS both stnd. w/ 230 hp. You should expect anywhere from 18mpg ~ 24 mpg (avg-good for a "big coup"). The drive from what I heard is real nice, you can fly down the road and go alot faster than you feel like your going...

As for the stereotypes on a Legend coup driver I think RAP pretty much described it pretty well as with his other info. My mechanic drives a 95 LS stock "un-pimped" coup, and he owns the end year of the 1st generation Legend '90. I believe the car is sporty yet conservative is your not makin it look to flashy.

Good luck on buying one, for me I'm hoping to get one sometime in the future.. and I will be pimping mine up! :naughty: