Notices

Air Cylinders

Old 07-23-2002, 07:22 PM
Wyld Teggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Cylinders

Hello everyone. I am knew to this forum and would like to hear some opinions. I will post a pic of my car once I figure out how to post pics. I have taken a different approach in hookin' up my car than most people take. I have a molded in fiberglass body kit and I am putting on an air ride kit. I have been told that I cannot do side to side b/c it is a unibody and my kit will eventually crack. Is this true?? The amazing thing is, I was in a wreck a few months ago and my fiberglass kit held up more than the metal on the car. So I was thinking that side to side wouldn't hurt the kit. I need some advice ASAP, because I want to go ahead and order the kit and I will need to know what to order.

Also, should I get accumulators or they don't make a big difference?

Thanks for the help if anyone has some advice!
Old 07-24-2002, 03:28 PM
bubbadabulldawg

Don't do cylinders, do air bags it will give you a better than stock ride and you can do front-back,side-side,hop,3 wheel. What ever you do don't order from Chasis Tech, Blow Jax, Ricky Racer, AIM Industries, California Street Gear!!!!!! It's all the same company just have different names to sell stuff under. A kid with a 96 TEG came into my buddy's shop to have him install an AIM kit, the kid would up buying 25' more airline(not enough in kit)from NAPA @ $1.50 per foot he made him change all of the "T" connectors and other fittings from the plastic ones that came with the system(not enough in kit again) to brass fittings @ $6.50 each. Also no instructions in the box. Plus they didn't send his gauges or oneway valve, he had to wait 2 weeks for them! NOW HERE'S THE BEST PART THE VALVES THAT THEY SENT THE KID WERE DEFECTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the kit was installed in the car they were playing with it to make sure everything worked and there were no air leaks one of the valves broke inside itself!!!! Then 2 more broke and the car never left the shop for 2 months and right now the car can't be driven untill he removes and sends back all 4 valves before AIM will replace them!!!GO here if you are serious......http://www.ridetech.com/toc.htm
Old 07-24-2002, 09:51 PM
abe
SLOW DOWN!!!

heheeheh...

go ask the guys over at honda-tech.com about all of this :naughty:

i'm sure that you'll get an honest answer as what to do..