Notices
Track & Autocross Talk lap times and race lines.

my impressions of the Sacramento, CA SCCA Enduro event

Old 11-17-2003, 09:21 AM
DakarM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my impressions of the Sacramento, CA SCCA Enduro event

It's a two day event.
Saturday format 3 runs 2 laps each
Sunday format 1 run 5 laps

Saturday was miserable. Rained all night on friday and most of the morning. Around 9am (the usual start time) the rain started to come down hard! It poured down for the next 20mins and so all the hard work tha went into clearing/minizing the standing water went to waste.

I decided to run 2nd run group instead of my scheduled 4th. I figured the rain wont stop (and the weatherman said it wont so...)

So I work the first run group and most of the hardcore autoxers decided to stick with hoosier/kumho victoracer Even C4 vettes in BSP with their 315 rear steamrollers

It was quite the sight None of them could go full throttle. Hell most of them could barely get to 1/2 throttle before the rear end stepped out

Then comes my friend in his EVO8 with nearly bald but not quite stock Advans. He rips a 1min3second first run. Everyone goes... damn that 4WD!!! on his second run he get 1min1second and now everyones jaw drops He matches that time in his third run

The only vehicle to beat him in the morning run is a kart with rain tires and then only just 1min0seconds and change.

During my run I was so frustrated that I spun out twice I've never competed on a rainy/slick day so I wasn't sure how the car was going to behave. The second time I looped it I was pushing the car and was headed for probably the 3rd fastest time for that run group before I lifed in a transition and spun it after fishtailing once :exnbp:

Fast forward to sunday.

I find out that after lunch and the 3rd run group, it stopped raining :doh: The fastest time was set by a car in ASP that ran 58seconds. But 4 people took out the reflector side of the finish timing light before it dried out completely :exnbp:

Come sunday everything is dry as a bone... except if you get off the "raceline" you have a nice mixture of fine sand/dirt/pebbles.

I get there for the end of the 1st run group and the fastest time was 2min 23second (remember 5 laps). So I know the track is dry and fast now I watch the second run group and saw 3 people right off the bat going into the first hard late apex left hander get into the dust and spin it. including a STi, corvette, viper.

When my run came the track was dry but no sun so it was cold.
I set my front to 34 and rear to 36. I figured i might have some problems during the first lap but should be better after the first lap.

I was nearly right. It was better for the last 3laps. I was overly cautious on the first lap and couldn't get into a rhythm until the 3rd lap. I also kept screwing up this one corner and that was probably costing me the next two corners :doh: I finally got it right on my last lap.

So my time was 2min 28.016seconds. I was shooting for 30second laps so I hit my mark.

So that concludes the last event of the season for that region and there is one more to go for the San Francisco region. I learned that I still have so much more to learn.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:33 AM
Daniel

Default Re: my impressions of the Sacramento, CA SCCA Enduro event

Originally posted by DakarM
I learned that I still have so much more to learn.
Don't we all. Pictures of the course setup? Given that it was a multi-lap event, I'm assuming there was only one car running at a time? Must have been two long days!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:44 PM
DakarM

Default Re: Re: my impressions of the Sacramento, CA SCCA Enduro event

Originally posted by drumsy
Don't we all. Pictures of the course setup? Given that it was a multi-lap event, I'm assuming there was only one car running at a time? Must have been two long days!

no pics :doh:

they had 2 cars at a time. on the start of the last lap the next car in line was sent. so the first car completes the last lap and comes in while the second car starts the second lap or last lap (on saturday).

satuday I left around 1pm and on sunday only about 100-120cars showed and we didn't have too many mishaps... except when a S2000 took out the reflector side of the timing light and about gazillion cones at the finish :doh:

and yes gazillion was the actual number I used to call in the cones killed :exnbp: (it was over 20)
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 12-04-2003, 02:53 PM
lil_1_2002

hahaha it was good times rick! I'm really excited about next season and how my new accord handles. I'm also debating on what wheel size to get tahts better for the autox, eitehr 15x7 or a 16x8...but i'm not sure if the 16x8 will fit. :happysad: