Notices
Minivan, SUV, & Truck RDX, Ridgeline, Element, Pilot, MDX, CRV, Passport, Odyssey, and SLX.

97 CRV: Power door locks, all 4, cycle when the close button is hit, repeatedly tryin

Old 02-17-2007, 06:07 PM
SteveW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 CRV: Power door locks, all 4, cycle when the close button is hit, repeatedly tryin

So I havent found anyone else with this same problem, so I figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone has some ideas. I see from a google search there is a possible TSB, i will call and harass honda on monday about it. But since they car is 10 yrs old they may be of no help.

The problem is that whenever you lock the car, either with keyfob, or from the inside, the door locks continue to cycle locking the doors, never unlocking them, but will try and lock the doors 10-20 times (similar to if you are just constantly hitting lock repeatedly). It does this to all 4 doors, which makes me think its something central, like the door lock control module, but the helms has nothing about cycling, just completely not functioning. I have never noticed this problem when we unlock the doors. I do notice it occurs more often when its cold out. I have never had this problem in my 97 gsr, which i would bet has the same door locks, alarm, module, and has the same key fobs. Any ideas?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:42 AM
simplyredvw

The door lock actuator on the driver's door is going out. It's about $115 for the part and don't waste the dealer's time because it won't be under warranty. The part just goes bad with age and it's common on all Hondas.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:43 PM
SteveW

the actuator is the problem, i would think that it would only be the one door if that was the case? But for me all 4 are doing this?

I was gonna swap my GSR's door control module out with this one since they are the same and check that as well, once its warmer here in the freezer called chicago.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
simplyredvw

Originally Posted by SteveW
the actuator is the problem, i would think that it would only be the one door if that was the case? But for me all 4 are doing this?
It is the actuator and that is the reason your other doors are acting up. Don't waste your time with the control module.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:47 PM
mike42

Hey, sorry this post is many months behind. I'm new to this forum, and was just browsing through the CR-V posts, as I'm interested in purchasing one when it is time. Anyway, I too have this door lock actuator issue on my 96 Honda Accord. I bought the car used, and the previous owner never mentioned the problem. I didn't know there WAS an issue, as he always had it in his garage unlocked. The night I brought the Accord home, I parked it in the driveway, and while I was admiring the car, I heard this clicking. After awhile, I asked at a local Honda dealership about it, and they knew nothing about it. After some digging around on the internet (way before joining this forum), I too found out it was the lock actuator. Sad to hear it afflicts many others, but glad I'm not alone with this issue!

Sorry I didn't really add anything you guys didn't already know. Just thought I'd drop the line. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:36 AM
Blue CRV

Default Locks

My dad's 97 CRV has a door lock problem. The door lock button on the driver's door will work about 40% of the time. It will always unlock the driver's door but rarely the other 3 doors.

Is this a bad door lock control module or an actuator problem? I was leaning toward the module, since the driver's lock works all of the time.

Help

If it is the module, where can I find one? How much do they run? I've searched the web for days looking for one of these modules.

If it the actuator, where is the best place to buy this?
Old 06-26-2007, 08:44 AM
bgfrugal

I have a '94 Accord with the exact same problem... It annoyed me so I removed the fuse under the hood for the power door locks. Power locks are nice... but I'm too cheap to get it fixed.