• Integra Tech: [Read and post your basic questions here.] - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    alright i have two questions... one about how much do the antenna motors for a 98 integra cost... #2 the back hatch shocks are broken and i tryed to remove them.. they will come off the hatch but i cant get them off the main body without breaking something.. plz help.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 integra
    alright i have two questions... one about how much do the antenna motors for a 98 integra cost... #2 the back hatch shocks are broken and i tryed to remove them.. they will come off the hatch but i cant get them off the main body without breaking something.. plz help.
    http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...catcgry4=KA5MT

you should be able to find what you need in there

i think the motor is under radio antenna/speaker

not sure about the hatch shocks tho
    1.8L Acura Integra GSR: Back where it belongs.
    3.2L Pontiac Tran-sport Montana: that things about to go.
    2.2L Honda Accord EX: Sold to my sister
    232CI Mercury Sable: Sold to some lady, by my father, while i was on a camping trip. IMM232
    http://imagegen.last.fm/minimalDark/..._vigilante.gif

If I remeber correctly there are retaining rings holding them on to the car. kinda like the ones in this picture.

you will need to rotate it so the opening is facing up and then push the two ends down and apart with some needle nose pliers until it pops off.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    98 integra GSR
    93 civic DX
    82 nighthawk 450

I have a 01 GSR and I'm trying to replace the rear bumper clips. Any advice on how to get these off??

93 Acura spuddering

i have a 93 acura integra and when i start it up it idiles at 1 1/2 grand but when it warms up it drops to about 200rpm and just stays thier. Then when i rev the engine it spudders alot. The RPMs have a hard time climbing up i already changed the fuel filter, spark plugs, spark plug wires and the disributer. also had to put it to tdc and then set the disributer to 180. but still acts up if can help me with this prob please answer.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 integra
    alright i have two questions... one about how much do the antenna motors for a 98 integra cost... .
    Check this site:
    http://www.antennamastsrus.com/Acura...01990-2001.htm

I'm going the to order the antenna mast from them ...

cheers,
    Kapa6ac

Hi all, a quick question, is the 96 Integra GSR Milano mirror fit to 95 RS? Thank you

Suspension Help!

I have a 90 Integra, so I ordererd 90-93 Integra shocks. What I got was 94-01 shocks by Tokico. When I got my shocks, the part numbers on the shocks did not match the part numbers that I had ordered. When I looked up the part numbers online all the web sites list the shocks I got as 94-01 shocks. Yea the company sure screwed up.

The problem: this is my only week off from work....the only time I can do my suspension, thus sending my shocks back and waiting for the right one's would be useless. My quesion is can they fit? I herd that the front shock is exactly the same. As for the rear, I measured it today and the Tokico shock is approx. 1cm longer from bottom of the spring to the bolt insert.

Please let me know if it will work, and if there will be any sideaffects do to using the wrong shock.

Thank you for all your info!

Vivere est Cogitare TheOtherDave™'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DA808TWITCH
    I have a 90 Integra, so I ordererd 90-93 Integra shocks. What I got was 94-01 shocks by Tokico. When I got my shocks, the part numbers on the shocks did not match the part numbers that I had ordered. When I looked up the part numbers online all the web sites list the shocks I got as 94-01 shocks. Yea the company sure screwed up.

The problem: this is my only week off from work....the only time I can do my suspension, thus sending my shocks back and waiting for the right one's would be useless. My quesion is can they fit? I herd that the front shock is exactly the same. As for the rear, I measured it today and the Tokico shock is approx. 1cm longer from bottom of the spring to the bolt insert.

Please let me know if it will work, and if there will be any sideaffects do to using the wrong shock.

Thank you for all your info!

The 94-01 shocks will not fit properly; I strongly recommend resolving the issue and waiting for the correct set of shocks.

Even though the difference in damper length in minimal, you run the risk of bottoming out the rear suspension due to decreased piston travel. If that were to happen in a fast turn, you'd have a very sudden onset of oversteer.

I know it's a hassle to wait, but don't take the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by muchswatch
    Hi all, a quick question, is the 96 Integra GSR Milano mirror fit to 95 RS? Thank you
    Yes, the bolt patterns are identical. You can also dissasemble and paint your RS mirrors to match the color of the car.
    :: david - supermod
    :: PSN - TheOtherDave-tm

:: HAN Integra FAQ: Utterly antique, but still useful... sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
    Yes, the bolt patterns are identical. You can also dissasemble and paint your RS mirrors to match the color of the car.
    or, you can just paint them black, might sound a little weird, but i did mine black and it looks perfectly normal, no one has ever noticed it. A lot of cars have black mirrors.
    98 integra GSR
    93 civic DX
    82 nighthawk 450

94 Integra LS Maintenance. There is a slight oil leak in the engine. I think it's due to gasket. It's a tiny oil leak. Is there a way to check it if theres anything wrong?

And i wanna know how to maintain the paint job.

uh... yeah theres something wrong... you have an oil leak.

as for the paint just wash it by hand using products supported by the guys over at www.autopia.org
    232CI Mercury Sable: Sold to some lady, by my father, while i was on a camping trip. IMM232

well, what do i use?

it really depends on what you want to use for the paint surface...

i choose to hand wash with microfiber mitts, and dry with a microfiber towels.

as for wax i havent really gotten around to it, but there any a full review section on autopia that covers it. i use spray wax every other time i wash to help keep up so far..

really everything for your finish needs is on www.autopia.org

now the oil leak with require a new gasket (if thats infact what you need)

if its a head gaset leak buy a head gasket... its really realitivly simple to figure out what you need it's doing it thats the hard part.

Having problem with a VTEC controller setting a VTEC system faliure trouble code on my 1996 GSR can you help

hey....im needing some help with replacing my distributor...and also..about a timing light......yeah as you can tell im clueless..so fill me in...ok thanks!!

THESE ARE THE OBD-1 CHECK ENGINE CODES

MIL

Engine Control Module (ECM/ECU)
    Heated 02 sensor
    Manifold Absolutre Pressure (MAP Sensor)
    Crank Shaft Position Sensor (CKP Sensor)
    Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT Sensor)
    Throttle Position (TP sensor)
    Top Dead Center Position (TDC sensor)
    #1 Cylinder Position (CYP sensor)
    Intake Air Temperature (IAT sensor)
    Barometric Sensor (BARO sensor)
    Idle Air Control Valve (IACV sensor)
    Ignition Output Signal
    Fuel Injector
    Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS sensor)
    Lock Solenoid Valve (A/T trans)
    Electrical Load Sensor (ELD sensor)
    VTEC Solenoid (VTS)
    VTEC Pressure Switch (VTPS sensor)
    Knock Sensor (KS)
    A/T FI Signal A
    A/T FI Signal B
    Heated 02 Sensor
    Fuel Supply

Vivere est Cogitare TheOtherDave™'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrproul
    THESE ARE THE OBD-1 CHECK ENGINE CODES...

Thank you very much for contributing.. I've added these codes to the Integra FAQ as well, giving you full credit (it's only right.)

Many thanks.
    :: david - supermod
    :: PSN - TheOtherDave-tm

:: HAN Integra FAQ: Utterly antique, but still useful... sort of.

more meat, more fire dom93hatch's Avatar
    I need to do a valve adjustment on my GS-R. Derek said there's a special tool I need first, which is only for the GS-R, is that correct?

how to remove 90 integra headlight

nothing wrong with the headlight, but i just want to clean the inside, look very tuff to remove, after i losing 3 bolts on top of the headlight bracket but it is still very tight, there is any more bolt around. Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weapons of the revolution
    opps.

weapons of the revolution
    dont just"add" fluid. Find your fill level plug! With the wheel all the way right you can remove a mud guard to get at the trans. The fill plug is hex, the drain is a box. Fluid can be added through a vent in front of the distributor on the top of the trans. housing. This will have a black cap on it. There are many threads on this funnel to hose to vent fill method. Now add fluid until you reach the hole in the side of the transmission and it comes out.

life begins at 6500 RPM
    i have a 1994 gsr 4dr i wanna swap the engine but i dont know with what (to many chioces) right now im leaning twoards the b16a im going ot turbo it so any comments would help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vtec racer
    i have a 1994 gsr 4dr i wanna swap the engine but i dont know with what (to many chioces) right now im leaning twoards the b16a im going ot turbo it so any comments would help thanks
    are you serious?

how would i go about separating the driver's side cv axle from the output shaft? it looks like something that you have to pry apart, judging by how it looks, but i dunno. by the way, the axle is in two pieces at the moment, inner cv joint came apart. thanks guys
    Last edited by 94blueteg; 05-22-06 at 10:53 AM.

can anyone gimme some help or reasons of why me maintenance light came on...plz reply....thnx

thnx...i looked in the manual too n saw that n did it honestly 20 minutes after i posted this....but thnx for the response, really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by dom93hatch
    I need to do a valve adjustment on my GS-R. Derek said there's a special tool I need first, which is only for the GS-R, is that correct?
    dom93hatch,

I believe this posting talks about adjusting the valves. http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=219739

I do not recall what the posting says but I think you need a 10mm box end wrench that is bent so it will reach down onto the nut that is on top of the spring. You will also need a bent feeler guage and a flat screwdriver.

Someone at Karen Radley Acura in Baley Crossroads, Virginia, told me a few weeks ago that he did NOT recommend adjusting the valves unless they are making noise.

Mine has 218,000 miles and I have not adjusted mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 94blueteg
    how would i go about separating the driver's side cv axle from the output shaft? it looks like something that you have to pry apart
    Once the axle is loose from the hub, you do pry it apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevyt
    I do not recall what the posting says but I think you need a 10mm box end wrench that is bent so it will reach down onto the nut that is on top of the spring. You will also need a bent feeler guage and a flat screwdriver.
    There is a special tool that helps do valve adjustment jobs... imagine a 10mm wrench with a screwdriver stabbed through it. Still, bent feeler gauges are a must.

I also advise not to adjust them unless they are ticking or about 60k miles have past since the last adjustment.
    Last edited by Kai; 06-06-06 at 01:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=281&dateline=1154763163[/SIGPIC]