Notices

94-97 Integra ABS light reset procedure

Old 04-22-2005, 03:42 AM
carta79
Life after death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-97 Integra ABS light reset procedure

I know that there's a way to manually reset an ABS light (by pumping the brakes), this procedure is printed in the helms manual. I have found out that using the ABS reset procedure from the 98+ helms doesn't work on the 94-97 Integras. Does anyone have a 94+ helms for the Integra? If someone can let me know anything on this it would be great. I would like to compare info on this.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:11 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

I can tell you when I get home today... I have the Helms installed on my computer.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:25 AM
carta79
Life after death

Thanks Epoch!

This is the procedure I have been using.

1. Short the service check connector (under the glovebox, same one shorted to check engine codes).
2. Depress the brake pedal.
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (II) while keeping the brake pedal depressed.
4. After the ABS light goes OFF, release the brake pedal.
5. After the ABS light comes ON, depress the brake pedal.
6. After the ABS light goes OFF, release the brake pedal.

After a few seconds, the ABS light blinks twice and the DTC(s) are erased. If the light does not blink twice repeat steps 1-6. If the light stays ON after the light blinks twice, check the DTC because a problem was detected during initial diagnosis before shifting to DTC erasure mode.

The ABS DTC is 44 on a 96' Integra, which is the rear right wheel sensor I believe. Everything checks out with that sensor and the ABS light indicator keeps coming back. I was under the impression that the reset procedure that I'm using is incorrect because there's nothing visually wrong with any of the wheel sensors. Instincts are telling me that there's somehow a problem with that wheel sensor though.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:52 PM
borass07

Hey yall.....Im still having problems with my ABS light and i tried bleeding the system and that didnt work. The master cylinder is full and cant figure it out. I want to pull the code(s) but dont know which connector to jump. My teg is a 96 LS. I believe its a wheel sensor cuz the car has slight damage to the right rear by the wheel but i wanna make sure before i throw maybe at something completely fine. Any help, ideas, thoughts, and even a picture or link of a picture of the connector would be great!!!

Thanks alot
Old 07-27-2006, 01:52 PM
hawaii_boy71

Follow the ABS wire from the abs sensor into the hood of the car. its an orange plug. 2 prong. use an ohms meter. compair the front left and front right's read outs. the rear abs you follow the same way. believe the connector is actually on the underside of the car. if one is dramatically different than the others, that is an easy way to figure out which one needs to be replaced. that is how i did it on my gsr. if you have access to an all data, look up the exact proceidure in there.
good luck
-Steve
Old 07-28-2006, 10:35 AM
borass07

Alright, i do have access to all data too....so I might be in luck. Thank you for your help!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:07 PM
fastback

Did you check all your pads for wear? Worn out pads can cause an ABS light; had it happen on my GSR. Couldn't figure it out for a long time and finally took it to a shop and that's what they said. Replaced the pads, light went away.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:27 PM
borass07

hmm....never thought of that......my pads are OK as of now. Probably could use changing in next 500-1000 miles or so. But i will check them out. Thank you for the advice.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:28 PM
integralee

i had an intermittant abs fault on my 1998 ITR o/s rear
i removed the sensor and cleaned it and it was ok for a few days
I then replaced it and it was ok for a few days
after further investigation i removed the caliper and disc and scraped away all the flaky rust from inside the disc and the hub casting and treated them with jenolite, its been ok since