Notices

Spring suggestions please...

Old 07-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Opie

I just ordered lowering springs for my ITR. Eibach Sportlines, they lower the car 1.7 inches, now I'm second guessing my decision. I live in NY and pot holes are really BIG in Manhattan. Does any one else have them, or heard feed back on them. I'm really paranoid about this because the drop on my last car caused the oil pan to eat itself monthly.

Any suggestions??? Or feed back good or bad..
Old 07-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Trey

They are too low for stock shocks and not nearly stiff enough to be an upgrade over stock.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Opie

What do you suggest?
Old 07-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Trey

I personally run Zeal B6's but I bet that is more than you wanted to spend.

I'd probably get ground control sleeves with some 350/325 springs
Old 07-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Opie

Control sleeves, 350/325? i just got my R still workin on the lingo Trey. sorry.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:11 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by OPIE112
Control sleeves, 350/325? i just got my R still workin on the lingo Trey. sorry.
www.ground-control.com

350/325 would be quite streetable. You could still use the stock shocks also, but I'd probably replace them anyways.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:58 PM
hondafanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am pulling my spoon progressive ones off mine as soon as possible.

1.5 inch drop is just too much, and they dont really handle any better.

i will make you a deal on them if you want them
Old 07-14-2003, 05:06 PM
kabob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most spring/shock combinations out there aren't any sort of handling improvement over the stock suspension on the Type R. Are you just doing this for looks or performance? If it's the latter, I'd recommend you just keep the stock setup until you can afford a good coilover setup like Tein, Zeal or Buddy Club.

If you go for looks and don't want to compromise ride quality, you might go with H&R springs as I've heard some good things about them and they don't lower ride height to much. I'm not sure what shocks to go with as I'm going to buy coilovers when I wear down my stock suspension or I start racing more seriously.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by kabob
Most spring/shock combinations out there aren't any sort of handling improvement over the stock suspension on the Type R. Are you just doing this for looks or performance? If it's the latter, I'd recommend you just keep the stock setup until you can afford a good coilover setup like Tein, Zeal or Buddy Club.

If you go for looks and don't want to compromise ride quality, you might go with H&R springs as I've heard some good things about them and they don't lower ride height to much. I'm not sure what shocks to go with as I'm going to buy coilovers when I wear down my stock suspension or I start racing more seriously.
Keep in mind though, JDM threaded body setups aren't the only thing around.

-Dave, who would rather have bilsteins and ground controls over any non-remote res./adj. stroke JDM ish.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:21 PM
Opie

What is the drop on the ground control springs? And to answer the above question, I want the car to look a little more aggresive and handle as well as it already does if not better.