Notices

Question for those who lowered their car

Old 05-06-2003, 11:41 PM
MC|V6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those who lowered their car

i am just wondering when you guys decided to lower your first car. ummm... this is in terms of how much driving experiance you all had before this mod.

the reason i am asking is because i am new to driving and i would not wanna scratch up my car because it is to low. I already made a big dent on the side :doh:.

also what would you recommend modding first for a first timer. at first i wanted to change my wheels and lower it, but i am having second thoughts now, i also hear i should not change the wheels yet because it drives worse with wheels other then the one from the factory.

any help is appreciated.
pz
Old 05-06-2003, 11:56 PM
nizmugen

its not the wheels that make the ride worse, its the tires (thickness). usually with aftermarket wheels, people go with the low profile tires that don't absorb as much of the "road". the thick factory tires are meant to do so.

now with lowering, driving a car is driving a car. you just have to be more careful when driving a lowered car. it also depends how low you are planning on going. you can still lower your car a decent amount and not worry too much about scraping, etc.

my advice is to enjoy your 2003 ex-v6 for a bit. get the driving experience, gain some more knowledge on fixing up cars, save up some money and when you are ready, go for the high quality products that will be available in a few months.
Old 05-07-2003, 12:13 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

Drive it stock for a while and what parts of it that you find lacking mod that. As for me I would mod your lights first.
Old 05-07-2003, 05:31 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Originally posted by nizmugen
its not the wheels that make the ride worse, its the tires (thickness). usually with aftermarket wheels, people go with the low profile tires that don't absorb as much of the "road". the thick factory tires are meant to do so.

now with lowering, driving a car is driving a car. you just have to be more careful when driving a lowered car. it also depends how low you are planning on going. you can still lower your car a decent amount and not worry too much about scraping, etc.

my advice is to enjoy your 2003 ex-v6 for a bit. get the driving experience, gain some more knowledge on fixing up cars, save up some money and when you are ready, go for the high quality products that will be available in a few months.
2 x :thumbup:

believe me, the feeling of scraping your car will give you nightmares, I know that I felt so bad that I wasn't able to eat or sleep very well. Get used to your car/driving first, at least 6 mo. before doing anything else to it.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:21 AM
Oxygen795

hey

here are some of my opinions .. i'd go with either 17, or 18" rims first .. then lower the car, get coilovers/springs and aftermarket struts ... + a camber kit .. then the basic bolt ons (cat back exhaust, hi flo cat, headers, cam gears, flywheel .. etc ) then CF hood .. all lighting stuff ( angel eye headlights, HID kit, hyper white bulbs , clear corners ) should be last ...

then maybe a cf hood ?? short throw ? centerforce dual friction clutch? something in that area ...

i got eibach sport lines and koni 5 way. adj. struts and 17" 5zigen rims with kuhmo's (lo-pros) and my car rides great .. and for how long you should drive your car before you lower it because you don't want it scratched, i still don't understand that because your not making your vehicle wider or soemthing and that doesnt make you prone to hit something .. so i dont know where your trying to go with that .. whatever, just my $.02
Old 05-07-2003, 07:35 AM
dantastic
cx power!

Originally posted by Oxygen795

here are some of my opinions .. i'd go with either 17, or 18" rims first .. then lower the car
do that if u dig the 4x4 look. big rims + no drop = ugly car.

i had my accord lowered the same week i got my license. but i was a pretty good driver. to this day, i've still never been in an accident (never hit a car in my life!). if ur a sucky driver, i wouldnt mod my car at all cuz u'd probably wreck it later anyway :exnbp:

but in all seriousness, learn how to drive your car first, then start modding it
Old 05-07-2003, 11:29 AM
TJCCARDCO

Modifying your accord is in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone likes different things.

I wouldn't go cheap with lowering. You already have good springs in the car - so if you end up just buying coilover sleeves just to lower the car you will end up busting your stock shocks.

Right now, I have my car almost sitting on the ground and it rides like stock - Apexi WS Coilovers..i recommend to everyone.

I would save money and do rims and lowering at the same time or just keep stock rims - they are nice too (EX Rims).

The next thing I would do, is if your car needs to be painted just give it a fresh paint job, and see how u like it then. Go with some new stock headlights or even some "JDM" headlights - I just got new stock headlights and corners for my black accord ex and it looks ****in mint.

But, my suggestion is to do whatever you feel is the best modifcation to your car, but make sure you do not go cheap on things that make the car actually do what its supposed to. I.e. Tires, Suspension, Clutch, Transmission parts, Engine Internals, crazy stupid wings.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:59 PM
MC|V6

Thnx alot guys, your words helped hella.

well, im getting my windows tinted first, and yah i wanna mod the lights, but i dont really know much about that, so imma do some research first. ill probably just start by clearing out the housing and adding HIDs

i definately wont go cheap on any mods i do.

So I guess i will drive around alot more with it staying stock, get use to the roads around here, then lower it with some new rims, prob going to go with 17"... what kinda tires do you guys recommend?

and for how long you should drive your car before you lower it because you don't want it scratched, i still don't understand that because your not making your vehicle wider or soemthing and that doesnt make you prone to hit something .. so i dont know where your trying to go with that .. whatever, just my $.02
When i refer to scratching my car, i refer to the bottom of the car or Kit when going over bumps, steep hills and all dat.

pz
Old 05-07-2003, 11:46 PM
chuanger

If this is your first time lowering your car, i'd go with either Eibach sportlines with KYB AGX shocks or H&R sport springs with KYB AGX shocks. Both lower your car roughly 1.5-1.75" in the front and 1.5" in the back (for my '96 Accord, you'll have to check on what the lowering rates are for your year). It's a nice low, not too low but definitely noticable when you drive. Don't just get springs, which is what I did the first time around. You'll end up blowing your stock shocks and messing up your suspension all together. You probably won't need camber kits with this drop either (which will save you some money). I've had this drop for a year now and no camber kits are necessary. I'm on a 1996 Accord as I mentioned before, and i'm not sure what the 2003 Accord suspension is like. Do your homework before you decide to do any mods and definitely don't cheap on suspension stuff You'll pay for it later, I promise you!!
Old 05-08-2003, 12:17 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

I think dropping your car is an acceptable mod as long as the drop is not outrageously low.

H&R sports 1.5/1.25 improve the handling and look while keeping a stock like ride on most road surfaces.

I lowered my car the day I got it and I don't regret it. My friend is lowering his s2000 with buddyclubs the day he gets his car too. The stock wheel gap on Hondas is just..... :ugh: