Notices

Endlinks stuck

Old 12-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Taccord6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Endlinks stuck

I'm trying to change my rear sway bar and cannot unscrew the nuts on my endlinks. I've used an entire can of liquid wrench and have stripped the allen wench holes. So what's the best way get these endlinks off now. i don't own any air tools. TIA.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:21 PM
xpragmaticx
chipedge

Default I did these

They are like ball joints. The ball joints can swivel when you turn the nut also. I would suggest to wedge a pry bar in between the sway bar and the links,and then put presure between the two. That should hold the bolt tight enough to spin the nut off. You could also put a closed end wrench on the nut and then grab the bolt with a vice grip and turn it. If all else fails, maybe try to get a hack saw in between the link and the sway bar and cut it off. something like this is the best:
http://www.designbuildlisten.com/ezshop/433821asml.JPG
They are cheap too. Hope that helps.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM
ricardo95

Originally Posted by xpragmaticx
They are like ball joints. The ball joints can swivel when you turn the nut also. I would suggest to wedge a pry bar in between the sway bar and the links,and then put presure between the two. That should hold the bolt tight enough to spin the nut off. You could also put a closed end wrench on the nut and then grab the bolt with a vice grip and turn it. If all else fails, maybe try to get a hack saw in between the link and the sway bar and cut it off. something like this is the best:
http://www.designbuildlisten.com/ezshop/433821asml.JPG
They are cheap too. Hope that helps.
all else fails get a portable torch from home depot. That's how I used to remove exhaust manifold bolts in my old machine shop. Heating and banging with a hammer while drowning in liquid wrench.