Notices

SRS light stays on - 2000 Accord EX, 4-Cly

Old 12-03-2007, 10:30 AM
nanoeverything

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS light stays on - 2000 Accord EX, 4-Cly

I had four tires changed at a Goodyear services center on Saturday during a freezing rain storm. I got home and parked inside the garage (did not pay attendtion to the dashboard). On Monday morning, I started the car and noticed that the SRS light stayed on. Is there any chance that Goodyear people are responsible for that? I cannot believe that repalcement of four tires can affect the air bag system. I did replace the battery four or five days ago; I also know I can reset the SRS (it may not go away forever depending on the problem) but want to know if there is a change the goodyear guys goof it up! I assume Goodyear people only removed and installed the tires, nothing else (and drove my car from the inside to the parking lot outside thus adjusting the driver side seat. I undestand the seatbelt buckle has caused SRS light problem on some Honda Accords). Thank you in advance.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:42 AM
flyromeo3

are you seriously thinking they had something to do with it?
changing tires wont trigger that.

You remind me of a customer that came to my brothers shop to get an aftermarket radio installed in his car and returned about 2 hours later to complain about his flat tire.

:slap:
Old 12-03-2007, 10:47 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

I bet if you reset your SRS Light using the instructions in the thread I made, it won't come back.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:31 PM
nspec_Cd5

check to make sure ur battery is in good shape even though it was replaced a few days ago. constant low battery voltage can also cause the SRS light to come on.
But try reseting it first.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably a coincidence.

you can reset the light and see if it comes back or not.

1st you need to either buy or make the "SCS Service Connector." I used a speaker wire and looped them together. You can also use a paperclip but that will make it a little more difficult because you have to connect it and disconnect it a few times quickly.

2nd you need to find the MES (Memory Erase Signal) connector.
It is a yellow connector with two wires in it that is plugged into the fuse box, unplug it and pull it down. It is usually a dummy plug. Once you have done that you can begin the process of erasing the memory. NOTE: This will only reset your SRS System if what caused it to trigger has been fixed, Ex: turning the ignition on with any SRS Plugs disconnected, such as pulling your seat out.

1st step in erasing the memory is to turn the ignition off and connect the SCS Service connector to the MES Plug,

2nd Turn Ignition on. SRS indicator light will come on for about 6 seconds then go off.

3rd Disconnect SCS service connector for MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS indicator light goes off. SRS indicator light will come on again.

4th Reconnect SCS service connector the MES connector within 4 seconds after SRS light comes on. SRS indicator light will go off.

5th Disconnect SCS service connector from MES connector within 4 seconds. SRS indicator light will indicate that memory is erased by blinking 2 times.

6th Turn ignition off, and wait 10 seconds. Start vehicle like normal and light should come on and go out like normal. You have reset your SRS light, congrats.

If it does not work the first time try it again, the timing has to be perfect. It worked for me the 1st time using a paper clip on my 03 pilot. Remember if u do it right it will blink two times and then go off.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 AM
8bitrevolution

Doesn't the SRS light also come on to indicate that the passenger side airbag has been disabled? If you have some stuff in your front passenger seat, remove it. It causes the computer to think there's a child in the front seat and disables the side airbag.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:52 AM
nspec_Cd5

Originally Posted by 8bitrevolution
Doesn't the SRS light also come on to indicate that the passenger side airbag has been disabled? If you have some stuff in your front passenger seat, remove it. It causes the computer to think there's a child in the front seat and disables the side airbag.
no
Old 12-15-2007, 08:57 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Weight in the front seat has been known to trigger it.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:40 AM
8bitrevolution

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
Weight in the front seat has been known to trigger it.
I knew it'd trigger one of the lights; just couldn't remember if it was the SRS. Mine came on last week 'cos I had a few packages sitting there.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 AM
nspec_Cd5

whats fucked up is all these newbies dont come back to tell us what the outcome was, forget that, not even a thank from most.