Notices

Problem with shift my car out of parking.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Depression

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with shift my car out of parking.

I have a Honda Civic 93 automatic.
Today while I was fix my car with my dad, we saw a wire and try to see where does the wire come from, then my dad press the wire on a metal, and i think it jolted, and then it didnt no more. then when I turn on my car and try to shirt gear from parking into reverse, I can't seem to shift out of parking. THe only what I could shift the car into reverse is put a key in the shift lock place to unlock it. Plus the braking like is not working. But all the other like work. Could anyone help me on this problem? I heard some ppl said that the problem was the shift lock solenoids. Does anyone know where that is at? I hope I could get this fix. Thanks to anyone who could provide suggestion on what to do.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:02 PM
foot

Probably shorted the wire to ground and blew a fuse. Check your fuses.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:05 PM
SubaruGuy

1st.. check the fuses under the hood. It should be a 20amp for the "Stop/Horn" relay.. Does your horn work? Most likely that fuse is blown. If your horn works and that fuse is good then your brake light pedal switch is most likely burnt out.. they run from 30-60 dollars.. but you can find them at a junkyard if you're into that. You need a 14mm wrench to take it out.. it is up near the top of the brake pedal assembly under your dash.. good luck.
(Most often automatic cars wont shift out of park if there is a burnt fuse or incomplete circuit in the lighting system.)
Old 07-21-2005, 05:42 AM
Depression

yeah i just found out that my horn is not working.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:26 AM
Depression

Originally Posted by SubaruGuy
1st.. check the fuses under the hood. It should be a 20amp for the "Stop/Horn" relay.. Does your horn work? Most likely that fuse is blown. If your horn works and that fuse is good then your brake light pedal switch is most likely burnt out.. they run from 30-60 dollars.. but you can find them at a junkyard if you're into that. You need a 14mm wrench to take it out.. it is up near the top of the brake pedal assembly under your dash.. good luck.
(Most often automatic cars wont shift out of park if there is a burnt fuse or incomplete circuit in the lighting system.)

I found what was the problem, thanks, in the fuses relay under the hood one of the fuse 30 amp was burnt, and when i replace it, it work now, thanks for your help.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
spitbawl

My break lights wont work and my car will not shift out of park
I have a 2000 Acura TL. My break lights wont work and my car will not shift out of park. I can shift out of park by pressing the override button.

here is what I have tried/checked:

I checked all bulbs
I checked all fuses (driver side, passenger side, and under hood fuse box's)
I replaced the stoplight switch in brake arm
I adjusted the stoplight switch
I checked wiring in the tail lights and 3rd stoplight

what am i missing?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:26 PM
cruzalekz

a wiring diagram. cant really solve that without a wiring diagram. can u find me a diaghram for it and ill trouble shoot for you