Notices

TSX Navi Problem

Old 04-22-2003, 07:10 AM
SpeedyGSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSX Navi Problem

I picked up my TSX last nite and was dismayed to find out there was a problem with my Navi unit, it won't turn on. I get the opening screen, then it goes blank. The voice recognition also can't switch the radio station between am/fm. i have a feeling it's the cpu.

has anyone else have this problem or does anyone know how to reset the thing? It's a shame, when i would have thought the japanese QC would have caught this. Hopefully the dealer won't have to take the dash apart to fix this problem!
Old 04-22-2003, 07:41 AM
ur31337
Colby

If they do have to take it apart, you won't even tell.

Unless your dealer sucks
Old 04-22-2003, 06:05 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very easy to take the dash apart, don't worry about it. They will do it flawlessly. Don't worry about it :thumbup:

How are you liking the car? Any pics? I love the TSX :thumbup:
Old 04-23-2003, 05:04 AM
SpeedyGSR

okay problem solved, hating to drop the car off at the dealer, i decided to take the negative cable off the battery and reset the computer.

What i think happened was the people who prepped the car forgot to enter in the anti-theft code for the navi, hence the shutdown.

The car drives great. very good pickup compared to the 97 gsr; but it's been a while since i drove a gsr. the interior is surprisingly quiet for a I4. haven't really "driven" the car as i'm still in the break in period. But i did take a few turns at speed, the car had very little body roll for its size (it's pretty tall). will keep you posted.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:42 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by SpeedyGSR
okay problem solved, hating to drop the car off at the dealer, i decided to take the negative cable off the battery and reset the computer.

What i think happened was the people who prepped the car forgot to enter in the anti-theft code for the navi, hence the shutdown.

The car drives great. very good pickup compared to the 97 gsr; but it's been a while since i drove a gsr. the interior is surprisingly quiet for a I4. haven't really "driven" the car as i'm still in the break in period. But i did take a few turns at speed, the car had very little body roll for its size (it's pretty tall). will keep you posted.
Good fix bro. Glad that worked.

What color is it? I absolutely love how Arctic Blue looks on it.
Old 04-30-2003, 10:12 AM
SpeedyGSR

Okay, the navi went out again. and it's at the dealer's shop. anyone else with this problem or is this an isolated case?
Old 05-05-2003, 02:45 PM
bruce316

I also have that proplem with my TSX. I have had the car a couple weeks and its happened maybe 3 times. I'll start the car-the opening "warning" screen will come up on the Nav but it won't accept any input from the buttons when "continue" appears. Then it will go blank after a few seconds and the screen will not reappear even when I move the Joystick or push the buttons. So I turn off the car and restart it and then it will work ok. Since it's only happened a couple times I haven't taken it into the dealer yet. Before this I had a 03 Accord with the Nav, which is the same system as in the TSX and it never had this problem. Please post and let us know what happens with the Dealer since I may have to take mine in also. Thanks!
Old 05-05-2003, 05:33 PM
SpeedyGSR

When i took it in, they ended up having to replace the navi unit in the trunk. It was working since, with the exception of one start up where the screen froze. I had to shut down and restart the car, and then it worked.

i was wondering if during the bootup, you turned the key, it might send a electrical surge to the navi unit. i'll let you know if it freezes again.

I think you should take it into the dealer to have it checked out. if enough people take it in, honda will prob look into it. otherwise they might think mine is an isolated case.

oh yeah, to answer the previous post, it's nighthawk black with ebony interior.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:27 PM
bruce316

Thanks for the info, I probably will have the dealer check it out. That way they have a record of the problem in case it keeps happening in the future.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:12 PM
SpeedyGSR

Default anyone else?

Anyone else out there with a TSX with Navigation Unit Problems?