Notices

I need your opinion!

Old 02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
slvrinteg95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need your opinion!

I looking at getting a New car I like both the TSX and the TL. I need something with 4 doors because me and my wife are about to have our first child, so that being said we are going to sell her 2 door accord and I am seriously looking at both of these cars in the link below.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc_AB_011...42353&compare=

Let me know what you think.

Jeff
Old 02-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Grifter

seeing is how it boils down to tl vs tsx you have to ask yourself do you want a sport sedan or a luxury sedan?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:31 AM
losiglow

If you're going to rely on the car as a family vehicle most of the time I'd probably opt for the TL over the TSX simply based on size. By the numbers the TL is a little more expensive and gets about 6-9 mpg less than the TSX. Insurance may be a little more on the TL as well since it's a 6-cylinder. The TSX has suprisingly low insurance costs (as least with USAA) since it's a 4-door 4-cylinder sedan. But costs aside, the TL is bigger and will comfortably seat two kids in the back and all the crap in the trunk. It would be a good investement down the road if you have another kid .

It's hard to judge size from photos, especially of the back seat since the position of the front seats can make the back look smaller or bigger. The doors is really what tells the story and as you can see, the door on the TL is much larger compared to the wimpy door on the TSX.

TL

TSX
Old 02-13-2008, 06:28 AM
slvrinteg95

Thanks for all the input, I really like the TL but from an afford ability and insurance standpoint I am leaning towards the TSX -- I am going to go and drive the TL although today and see what the wife says, if she likes it we probably will not go all the way to Oklahoma city to look at the TSX. Ill let you know how it works out.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:32 AM
pnthr30

For what it is worth, I had a 4 door Teg and now have a TL-S........Besides the obvious fact that the TLS has more "go", the additional room is very nice (both in the trunk and in the back seat. Personally, I have never sat in the back of a TSX, but from all accounts, it is very tight (like the 4 door teg, which I flat out didn't fit in - I'm 6'4"). On the flip side, I could sit in the back of the TL without much discomfort. Also, keep in mind that before long, your little one is going to be kicking the seat in front of him and the larger the car, the more time it buys you before you get your seat kicked unexpectedly. haha Also, keep in mind that the car seat faces backwards for a while, and this takes up A LOT of room - so much so, that I doubt the TSX will even let you put the front seats more than about 1/2 way back when the seat if facing the rear (I know the Teg didn't). I haven't tried this with the TL seeing as my kids now just use boosters, but I have to think I would be able to put the seat back as far as I would like and still have a rear facing car seat in...Good luck with your choice. Whatever you do, I suggest not pushing yourself to far or strectching yourself to thin - kids are expensive and it doesn't make sense to be spending on a car when you don't need to - after all, you aren't married to this car, if it doesn't work, just get a different one.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:07 PM
slvrinteg95

I thought I would let you all know I bought a car but it was not the TL or the TSX. I got a 2005 Mercedes-Benz C230. It just kinda fell in my lap it is a great car only 37000 miles, still has a factory warranty, and 19" foose rims on it. I got a great deal on it and it was less than i was going to pay for the TL. Anyways thanks for all the info.

Jeff