Notices

new TSX owner. Question about navi!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:25 PM
jpombo0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new TSX owner. Question about navi!!!

hey people, i just bought a 2005 Acura TSX without a navigation system built in. I was wondering what the cost is of putting a navigation system in there and where i go to get it done? Also, if i get it done somewhere other than the dealership, then will it void the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:27 PM
Grifter

congrats on the car

not sure about the warranty void but i believe the cost of having factory navigation is well over the cost out the door from the dealer
there are plenty of aftermarket units that can be installed for about $3k
Old 01-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Tedmond

thats true, dealer rapes on their pricing for their own products. i would go to a local shop to have them do a full nav indash for maybe 2000 or less. but as for warrenty, you can risk it or know where your going with your nav ahah
Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
twjsbj

I have a 08 with nav and my wife has a $300 garmin protable. The voice controle and look of the $2000 factory option is nice but the $300 garmin is a better gps system. The garmin has voice prompts for the full street names(turn right on adams street vs make the next right turn), easer to find places via name(enter a name in the factory system and it will show you stuff with that name but they may be 400 miles away. There are ways around that but the little garmin is simpler). Plus you can get a lot of cool stuff with the $1700 you save. And remember if you put it in you car you will not get what you paid when you sell it.