Notices

What's wrong with me?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:36 PM
cargirl2B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's wrong with me?

I think I need therapy. I have a perfectly beautiful automatic 2000 Camry Solara. Leather interior. Perfect condition. I usually drive my cars until they die - or are falling apart - around 10 years after I buy them. This car has 50,000 miles on it and so I see it lasting another 5 years, at least.

So why do I have the bug to buy a 6 speed TSX? What is it about the body style and the manual transmission that is calling me? I feel foolish for having a nice, beautiful paid off car and am thinking of selling it and spending the extra $20,000 it will cost to get me into a TSX. What is it about getting car bugs, can someone tell me?

Last edited by cargirl2B; 11-05-2007 at 03:08 AM.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:26 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you only live once.....Maybe who really knows...?

solara's are nice cars, you should base it off a long test drive...and if your content with the solara i wouldnt jump into another loan...

i would test drive a lot of TSX's before i personally made that kind of comitment... Unless you make like 100K a year and have 0 kids... thats a different story.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Grifter

if you can afford it go for it
your car is 7 years old
having so few miles i think you can get a decent trade in value as a nice chunk of the down
and the manual transmissions of tsx are all 6speed
Old 11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
CG5TougeMaster

the TSX is a much better, and much prettier car. do it
Old 12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
losiglow

Originally Posted by CG5TougeMaster
the TSX is a much better, and much prettier car. do it
+1

My parents have a solara. No likey.
Old 12-08-2007, 07:44 PM
videcormeum

I'd sleep on it. $30k is a magical number. There are many vehicles very near this price point - and many may be more enjoyable as a driver's car if that's what you're looking for - e.g. a new base G35 which can be had for under $33,000.

I'm leasing a 2008 TSX 5pd auto and while I'm very happy with it, my feeling is that I'd regret purchasing the car. The lease was attractive to me due to the TSX's low depreciation and favorable lease terms through AHFC. If I wasn't leasing, I don't think I'd consider the car as much of a value. While the standard feature list is long, you're still just getting a four cylinder, (well-styled) Honda mid-global platform. At $28,905 (w/ destination & without NAV), the car pushes fairly close to far superior cars in the entry/sporty luxury sedan segment.

But, saying all that, I have an irrational affinity for the Volvo S60 - not a good car at all, and possibly one of the worst values among all mid-size sedans. But I still like it quite a bit. In any case, I don't think you can go wrong (outside of fouling up your finances) with either car - the Solara (which should continue serving you well given the low mileage) or a new TSX.