Notices

in the market for a TSX...

Old 11-01-2007, 07:35 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default in the market for a TSX...

im thinking about purchasing a TSX in the next 6-10 months ( might as well say 1 year)...

im slowly doing research and i have test driven 3 of them... one was a dealer car, one was a customers car, and the other was my nieghbors car...

i love the looks, the interior and seating postion siuts me fine...

what i didnt like about them was the jumpy throttle... in first gear when i let off the gas to cruise it was jumpy...i had to push the clutch in fast other wise it began to buck...this was on all of them...

my 91 interga does not do this... and niether did any of my others integras or mr2...

is this common for this car?

also i was looking for other who bought this car and have had it for a while and what their impressions of it was... every onje loves their car when they first get it but what about 1 2 years downt he road...

i have a problem with cars and the need to change them a lot... im looking for a car that i can keep for at least 3-5 years, and i wont get sick of...

soo how do you all like yours?

also considering G35, GTO ls2, 06 mustangs
Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM
goon54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, for starters.. u planning on a new or used TSX?
and the other cars u are considering are all coupes... and all have about 100 more hp. so, um u might wanna reconsider a TSX vs. all those.
i got mine in april, traded in a tC and im very content with it.
very comfortable ride, love the navi, and the looks.
if i were to complain, not enough power but u gotta realize that when u buy it.
how fast do u let off the gas? how high are in the rpm range when u do that?
the TSX, tC, and my civic never "buck" after lifting off the throttle
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
CaliAccord

Originally Posted by mr22na
what i didnt like about them was the jumpy throttle... in first gear when i let off the gas to cruise it was jumpy...i had to push the clutch in fast other wise it began to buck...this was on all of them...

my 91 interga does not do this... and niether did any of my others integras or mr2...
Welcome to the marvelous world of drive-by-wire. The throttle isn't controlled directly by the pedal. Basically, the pedal sends a signal to a computer, and the computer then controls the throttle.

Honda didn't get it down just right yet...but by the time you're ready to buy a TSX, they will have probably improved on it.

Basically you have to kinda re-learn how to drive a manual transmission when you get into the TSX. It took me quite a while to kick my old MT habits and reprogram myself to drive the TSX
Old 11-02-2007, 04:00 AM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by goon54
Well, for starters.. u planning on a new or used TSX?
and the other cars u are considering are all coupes... and all have about 100 more hp. so, um u might wanna reconsider a TSX vs. all those.
i got mine in april, traded in a tC and im very content with it.
very comfortable ride, love the navi, and the looks.
if i were to complain, not enough power but u gotta realize that when u buy it.
how fast do u let off the gas? how high are in the rpm range when u do that?
the TSX, tC, and my civic never "buck" after lifting off the throttle
I am planning on buying used, im not a real baller to be able to buy brand new thats like 30K. i wish. i was looking at 05-06 which runs about 20-25 in my area.

im not worried about speed...but it is nice. the only reason i was looking at the other cars is b.c i test drove those also and the seating position is nice too... im taller and looking for comfort more then speed. gas milage is a plus too...i was told by the guy who owns the GTO he gets 19-21MPG city driving...not NYC driving but where im from which is suburbia based...

how fast is the TSX? faster then the rsx? if its as fast or faster that would be fine.

the TC was another thought, but kind of childish compared to a TSX...i want a mature car no more civics and integras for DD's.

Originally Posted by CaliAccord
Welcome to the marvelous world of drive-by-wire. The throttle isn't controlled directly by the pedal. Basically, the pedal sends a signal to a computer, and the computer then controls the throttle.

Honda didn't get it down just right yet...but by the time you're ready to buy a TSX, they will have probably improved on it.

Basically you have to kinda re-learn how to drive a manual transmission when you get into the TSX. It took me quite a while to kick my old MT habits and reprogram myself to drive the TSX
i knew it ad to be something with the car...i can drive stick just fine...

is there a trick to this or just learn to compress the clutch when you let of the gas...im used to "feathering" the clutch... does that help with the TSX?
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 AM
goon54

Originally Posted by mr22na
I am planning on buying used, im not a real baller to be able to buy brand new thats like 30K. i wish. i was looking at 05-06 which runs about 20-25 in my area.

im not worried about speed...but it is nice. the only reason i was looking at the other cars is b.c i test drove those also and the seating position is nice too... im taller and looking for comfort more then speed. gas milage is a plus too...i was told by the guy who owns the GTO he gets 19-21MPG city driving...not NYC driving but where im from which is suburbia based...

how fast is the TSX? faster then the rsx? if its as fast or faster that would be fine.

the TC was another thought, but kind of childish compared to a TSX...i want a mature car no more civics and integras for DD's.
i kinda find it hard to believe the GTO gets 19-21mpg especially city. but in any case, ur contradicting urself. ur not worrried about speed but would like it as fast as a RSX? to be honest, its not a fast car. then again i have a
5AT. I ended up with mine cuz i wanted something more luxurious and like u say "mature". if its speed and power ur looking for, go the other way. i loved test driving the G35. plus i would imagine the prices for a used 05-06 should be dropping with the newer G coupe arriving. good luck and have fun shopping!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
georgie

buy my 05 for $21k!

i love it but need to get rid of toys
Old 11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

Originally Posted by goon54
i kinda find it hard to believe the GTO gets 19-21mpg especially city. but in any case, ur contradicting urself. ur not worrried about speed but would like it as fast as a RSX? to be honest, its not a fast car. then again i have a
5AT. I ended up with mine cuz i wanted something more luxurious and like u say "mature". if its speed and power ur looking for, go the other way. i loved test driving the G35. plus i would imagine the prices for a used 05-06 should be dropping with the newer G coupe arriving. good luck and have fun shopping!
i didnt condradict my self...i was simply asking if it was as fast or faster then the RSX...every one says that the TSX is under powered but if its as fast as an RSX it would be fine for me...

i would think that the TSX is heavier but it has a larger motor (.4L more right? 2.0 R and 2.4 T)

and i didnt believe that the GTO got that much milage either but thats what is on board cpu was saying...

yes i like the G35 very much but i think the insurance would be a bit more $$$ than a TSX... and the GTO and mustangs are outa the picks...decieded against V8... not needed..

what kinda MPG do you all get with your TSX's???

and the one for sale... what color is it and is it 6 spd?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:20 PM
cargirl2B

Default TSX 5 speed

I am seriously thinking of selling an automatic Solara for a 6 speed TSX and am looking forward to the 2009's coming out. I have had a problem with the ability to shift 6 (or 5 speed) speed manual cars that are heavier and mid-size, like the Accord. It just isn't the same zippy feel as driving and shifting a Civic. Isn't the TSX closer in size to some earlier Accords?

Are there any TSX owners of 6 speeds who can share how they view the shifting process and can you share any shifting tips for medium sized, not small sized cars?

Last edited by cargirl2B; 11-05-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typos
Old 11-04-2007, 02:23 PM
mr22na
Miss It.

i think all TSX are 6 speeds*

and why do you have trouble shifter in a larger car?

im used to driving the 91 teggy but when i drive my dads 1987 Chevy K20 pickup it feels the same to me...besides R and getting out of first... it requires a little more clutch then my integra..

any way about the TSX Vs RSX in quickness?? are they similar?

Old 11-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Grifter

tsx manuals are 6speed
accord manuals are 5 and 6 depending on the model
having had manual civics and tsx i dont feel any difference that can be attributed to the sizes of the carts