Notices

Warning Newbie is here!!!

Old 03-23-2007, 05:12 AM
C-Sharp
Destination Sunshine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning Newbie is here!!!

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum and i'm new to the import cars world. It's kinda embarrased to tell people that i don't know anything about cars at this age. I'm 22/m and i don't know anything about tuning cars or anything. Recently, i just bought a 2006 TSX. I really love my new car and plan on doing a lot of work to it. The problem is i don't know what to do. I bought lots of cars magazine and read them but all they have are just advertisement on car parts. I really need someone who has lots of experience in this field to teach me a little bit about customizing my car. I hope you guys would help me out. Thank you
Old 03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Grifter

Welcome

you're never too old to learn
what plans for the car do you have in mind?

imo you shouldnt buy car magazines for information when you have a free and vastly superior repository of knowledge here

what color did you get and is it automatic or manual?
Old 03-23-2007, 03:37 PM
C-Sharp
Destination Sunshine

i thought buying a lot of car magazines would help me out. But you're right until now i haven't learned nothing yet. But at least i know about this website from this magazine that i bought lol. Or else i wouldn't know if there were forums for people to go online and discuss about cars.

The color of my car is carbon gray. The inside is black leather. It's automatic cuz i don't know how to drive stick. I know it's kinda sux for me not to know how to drive stick. I did learned a little bit but never really own a stick car before.

I was planning on putting some stereo system in the car. Getting another set of wheels. And tune up the engine a bit with turbo or whatever. And for the body i would like to have a body kit for it. What do you think?
i don't really know much about car but that's what i wanted to do with my car after i got it. I felt in love with this car man

I used to drive a honda accord 2 doors before but i didn't like it because it was a LX model so it didn't have a lot to it. Beside the car doesn't feel like what it felt now when i drive the TSX. Even though the TSX only has 4 cylinders but for some reason it's much powerful than the honda accord. Anyway, that's what i plan to do with my new car. So if you have any opinion please help me out. Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Grifter

what magazine mentioned us?

the stock stereo system isnt good enough for you? it might just be me but i think the stock system is good enough

one thing to look into power wise is hondata ecu reflash
i personally advise against turbo if you are a car tuner novice because of the amount of knowledge and maintenance involved in installing, using, and upkeep

my opinion along with a majority with the members on this forum is function before form and tastefully understated

examples:
this is cool

not so hot

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
euro2.jpg (85.0 KB, 133 views)
euro3.jpg (68.5 KB, 131 views)
122830832.jpg (89.7 KB, 133 views)
Old 03-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Grifter

Attached Images
DSC02813.jpg (79.5 KB, 136 views)
DSC01260.jpg (136.6 KB, 130 views)
DSC01263.jpg (148.6 KB, 131 views)
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 PM
yodi

whoa those are some sweeet accords....
Old 03-24-2007, 05:31 AM
C-Sharp
Destination Sunshine

wow those acura are nice
i like the first one cuz it looks like my and has the same color. Just the wheels are different.
i like the last white one too.

the magazine that mentioned about this website is modified magazine. it mentioned a whole lot websites with forum like this though. I just picked this one cuz it has acura in it.

I just noticed something, those cars has a labeled Honda on them. These probably not in United States then. Cuz in United States Acura is bought by the Americans. But in Japan it's still honda. So are you from somewhere else?

Well i like the system that came with the car but i'd like to have another you know custom system.
as for power for the engine well i'm not seriously gonna go with the turbo. But anything would do like intake or whatever.

hey what is the hondata ecu flash ?
i didn't know what it was sorry
For body wise, yes i would love to have another body kit for my car and another set of wheels. About 18" is good.

Last edited by C-Sharp; 03-24-2007 at 05:34 AM.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Grifter

whats the name of the magazine?
in japan the standard accord is our tsx without the luxuries: leather seats, alloy wheels, vsa, etc
they have a model accord type s which is our tsx

id say about half of the people in the honda/acura community prefer to rebadge their acuras as honda, which is why you will see american integras with honda badges

if you want performance i advise against intake and exhaust, what we call bolt-ons because they are fairly easily bolted on
i say save your money for a seriously fast car, for instance, s2000 if performance is what you want

http://www.hondata.com/reflash_tsx_06.html
this is hondata reflash
its something to consider but you have to send them your ecu which renders your car inoperable unless you have a spare and i have heard long turnaround times

ultimately its up to you
Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
C-Sharp
Destination Sunshine

The name of the magazine is Modified Mag.

Well as for performance i guess i can wait a bit. But i want to play around with the body kits and wheels. Any suggestion?

You think i should leave it stock?

I went to the website cardomain.com and try to check out other people's TSX

i can see people did a lot to their cars and i really want to do it too. I mean i'm gonna have this car for a while so why not play around with it and have some experience.

Most of the TSX in that website have a JDM euro body kits or something.
They did mentioned about the hondata reflash thing too.

Ok can you tell me what is a hondata reflash? and what is an ecu?
hehehehe
sorry to ask stupid question but to me those words are like another language. I have no idea what those words are and what part in the car it is. hehehehe
Old 03-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Grifter

as far as appearance its your car so you do what you want. if we give our opinions theres no need to take offense
also i encourage you to find what you like and not what everyone else likes
too many people modify their cars to please other people and not themselves

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_Control_Unit
the ecu is essentially the brain of your car and controls how the engine performs as far as fuel intake, set a rev limit (red line), and other functions
in modern cars the ecu can be reprogrammed (reflash) to make the engine pull in more fuel, increase your red line and make other components work harder, thereby increasing horsepower
hondata is the name of a company that will reflash your ecu for you