Notices

buying have Q's

Old 11-07-2006, 09:08 AM
loose cannon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying have Q's

Ok so I am thinking of getting a used tsx , I have a couple of questions hoping you guys can answer,

1.What type of gas mileage are you guys seeing, I know what the window sticker says but a few articles I read reported observing lower than that.

2. I would like to get the six speed as I own a 5spd 99 prelude now , however I am in traffic everyday for work and will prob get the auto. Is the auto signifacantly slower ?

3. I saw some videos of tsx on youtube accelarating , Is it hard for this car to reach 120? It seemed a rather slow pace past 80mph.

I am also considering used g35's with more miles, just tring to figure out which may be better in the next 2 yrs for me.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Grifter

1. i am avging a solid 25mpg
this is driving 25 miles to work each way thru downtown LA traffic or not and driving conservatively on a manual. the auto is rated a bit higher
i have read reports of close to 40mpg but from people in the midwest and may have something to do with altitude

2. i wouldnt know but i am the type of person who cant drive automatic

3. havent been there yet
Old 11-07-2006, 09:53 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

We have a 2004 TSX - bought the first milano red one they had. It's a 6 speed and we are getting around 26mpg (we have some leadfoot tendencies).

The autos we've driven (TSX Loaner cars) when we have had the car in for a recall and to get some accessories installed were pretty quick.

I've also had some fun with a auto TSX loaner (driven by someone else)...we were having fun on a freeway - our car had an intake and customer header. I would get a good car length by 1st gear and 2 car lengths by 2nd gear (I was making a little more power and the manual accelerates slightly faster - especially if you disable the VSA button - traction control).

We looked at a G35 and didn't like some of the cheapo bits inside (it had a much bigger engine but Nissan skimped in a lot of other areas). We also looked at a 325i but it was $4k more and had similar performance. TSX was just the best value. It has 31k miles on it now and we still love to drive it.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:08 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

i drive a 6spd and avg about 26 mpg, and thats w/ pretty heavy city driving (i live in the DC/Metro area). if it were to local 45-55mph roads or highway, ive easily avg'ed 30 mpg

i dont know anything about an auto, but id be damned if i didnt buy the 6spd for this car. the transmission is freakin butter

gettin up past 80mph is a bit tough. my guess would be the lack of good torque. im sure the reflash would take care of that, but when in 4th gear, pushing above 80 is sluggish

the only thing the G35 has beyond the TSX is raw power, and possibly AWD if you get the G35x. the interior is total crap, although their seats are comfy. my roommate drives a black, '06 G35x and i really really hate the interior. quality is just horrible
Old 11-08-2006, 09:26 PM
CaliAccord

1. My gas mileage sucks only because I only drive 4 miles one-way in the city only (i haven't driven on a freeway in many months), and even in the city, I have rush hour traffic lol. I think I'm seeing about 18 mpg (I have a manual transmission). I think the TSX shines on the freeway. It's more aerodynamic than the acura NSX (less drag)...you can put the car in neutral and the car doesn't slow down quickly at all. Low mileage TSX's have poor mileage...you have to wait until after break-in. I'm sure the articles were written using press demo cars.

2. I don't think the auto is slower, but I've read complaints about how there's a slight lag between gear changes. The 6-speed MT is rare...and you will probably regret not buying it. I used to drive a MT in high school, but then I drove only auto's for about 10 years. It was easy to jump back into a MT with the TSX, and I don't mind driving it at all.

3. I've never reached 120 mph, but I don't have a problem getting up to 100 mph (the last time i drove to vegas back when my car was brand new), I would find myself hovering around 92-98 mph with ease...I had to force myself to slow down. I've seen threads where owners were able to get their car up to 146 mph, but I don't remember under what sort of conditions it was. My accords can hit 120 easily, and they don't have as much power as my tsx.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
loose cannon

Yeah I had been doing some research, I will be buying used . I was thinking 2004-05 but the 06 seems to have several things I really want like the blue tooth, as well as the aux line for the ipod, those are pretty cool things to have only thing is an 06 is like 3k more. Not sure those things are worth it.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:12 PM
CaliAccord

Originally Posted by loose cannon
Yeah I had been doing some research, I will be buying used . I was thinking 2004-05 but the 06 seems to have several things I really want like the blue tooth, as well as the aux line for the ipod, those are pretty cool things to have only thing is an 06 is like 3k more. Not sure those things are worth it.
Well the difference includes the blue tooth/aux line, lower miles, and a slightly stronger engine. But then again...you might not like the 06 rims...
Old 11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
dead video kid
Black/Black 06' TSX navi

Originally Posted by CaliAccord
But then again...you might not like the 06 rims...
I think they look fine!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deadvid...7594382093487/