Notices

navi code problem story

Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default navi code problem story

so i bought TSX used and about 2 weeks ago, instead of going to the navi screen where you hit the 'ok' or 'agree' or whatever its called button, my screen went to a PIN code mode. apparently i needed to enter in my PIN, which i didnt set up cuz i bought mine used. duh.

checked everywhere for it and the spot in the manual that was supposed to have it recorded was blank

long story short, took it back to dealer, they tried to charge me $80 to have the unit inspected, had it waived, and got it restored

moral of the story: make sure you know your PIN/radio code
Old 10-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Grifter

pin for personal info?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:18 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by Grifter
pin for personal info?
naw, PIN in case you lose power to your cars navi system. set up as a theft deterrant and the navi/everything else wont work until you enter it back in. so im guessing you shouldnt have the code hidden in your car, but you should definitely keep track of where/what it is.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:34 AM
Grifter

ok because there is also a pin that grants you access to your personal info address book and stuff
Old 10-03-2006, 01:18 PM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

yeah and fortunately i dont know those either
Old 10-22-2006, 09:18 AM
CaliAccord

The pin code comes on a small card in the owner's packet. There's two of them...one of them is the Navigation Code, and the other is the Radio code.

I hope when you had the fee waived, they gave you the other code as well.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:58 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by CaliAccord
The pin code comes on a small card in the owner's packet. There's two of them...one of them is the Navigation Code, and the other is the Radio code.

I hope when you had the fee waived, they gave you the other code as well.
i had the codes for my radio and something else, cant remember. but the card w/ the navi code was missing, and it wasnt written in the manual where it was supposed to. no biggy. i figured thered be a few missing pieces of info from buying it used. and yeah, they gave me the code on this printout after i got it checked for free :thumbup:
Old 11-18-2006, 06:10 PM
dead video kid
Black/Black 06' TSX navi

original poster: :goodjob:

Here's my story;
I purchased my TSX last night (Glendale Acura, CA). I came by after work, carefully deliberated and test drove a few units, and decided on a beautiful cert. preowned 06. I was assured that the navi code and radio pin would be in the Service center, opening today at 7am.

I go by with an appointment only to learn that not only do they not have the codes, the ones they DID have on file were wrong, and furthermore the systems locked themselves up due to too many wrong entry attempts(!). So, they call the OG manufacturer, no luck. Same wrong codes. So we go under the hood, unhook the battery for 30 minutes. Still nothing, doesn't work or initialize the computers.

I am told to bring my car in for service monday morning, when they will give me rental car for a couple days while they find time to take the Navi out, look at the codes (which are allegedly in the back of the unit, you just have to remove it to find them) and unlock my system. they're also fixing a couple other minor things, such as the rear domelight and some scratches on the front grill, lojack install, but otherwise I find it very annoying that there's no other way to fix this, and FURTHERMORE that a dealer wouldn't address these problems before putting it on the lot and test driving it, only to apoligize to the customer that it's not working.

Overall it's been a headache because I don't exactly live next door to the dealership, and I feel like I've been mildly lied to.. and who likes to drive with no Navi/Ipod/ or radio!! I've been using the hands free bluetooth and calling everyone I know out of boredom! :crazyr:

So much for showing the car off on monday to everyone at work :sad:
Old 11-19-2006, 08:58 AM
CaliAccord

Originally Posted by dead video kid
I purchased my TSX last night (Glendale Acura, CA).
I'm surprised you bought from that dealership, but if you were able to get a good deal on it, then I applaud you

On one of my accord's, they didn't have the code registered in the system. I decided to take out the radio (perhaps replace it), but then I noticed that someone had handwritten the code onto the radio's label in the back.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:16 AM
dead video kid
Black/Black 06' TSX navi

I'm surprised you bought from that dealership, but if you were able to get a good deal on it, then I applaud you
Yeah I went to Van Nuys and was treated like an asshole. I'm 22 and I do alright for myself, so it's important to be treated like a customer and not some punk they don't take seriously because I'm so young. I was taken care of at glendale (even though the next day they conned me into buy a lojack, more on that later :P), but primarily I had done my research. I read a couple books on car buying and car buying scams, and I told them that I knew what they paid for the car, I knew they had a 500 dollar dealer incentive to sell the car, and I knew how long it had been on the lot. I also used the milage agaisnt them too. I got away paying under 26 for a navi 06' black tsx.. and I was very upfront with the salesman (who was also my age, 22) and told him how much I detest the haggling system.. he was on the same page with me the whole way for the most part!

Oh this is good too- while walking to the bathroom I saw thru an open door, thier board with thier customer slogans and sales figures for the month... the guy I was buying from had the lowest numbers for november, so I knew he REALLY wanted the sale too..

On one of my accord's, they didn't have the code registered in the system. I decided to take out the radio (perhaps replace it), but then I noticed that someone had handwritten the code onto the radio's label in the back.
What tools do I need to take it out myself? Is there any big risk of damaging it? I would love to play with the navi today before I have to take it in tommorrow and say goodbye to my new car for two days :sad: