Notices

Euro Accord 2.4 / TSX 2.4 Engine Number

Old 08-30-2005, 03:20 AM
PlasticMekon
Get in mah belly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro Accord 2.4 / TSX 2.4 Engine Number

As the topic title says, I am trying to find out the actually engine number for my car. It's a European Accord Type-S (2.4 lump) - which apparently is the same engine (and car tbh) as the TSX. I have heard that the Euro-R uses an H22A motor in it, but I know it't not one of those!

It's a CL9 car, but cant find the engine.. H24A sound about right?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The H series hasn't been produced since 2001. The Euro-R uses a K20A also found in the Integra series.

It's a K24A.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:58 PM
rlmtech

sorry to invade your post but while we are talking about the engines i thought i could pop in my question here..

besides the obvious that the
Euro R (CL7) 2002> Uses the K20a
and
Euro S (CL9) 2002> Uses the K24a

what are the other differences between these vehicles??

thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 08:03 AM
PlasticMekon
Get in mah belly!

Other than the Engine (K20A) (CL7R), with specs as follows:

Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 220(162) / 8000
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 152(206) / 6000

The only other differences to the Type-S are pretty cosmetic.. well and a few others. The R has a sporty steering wheel (without any controls) so you lose Cruise control and audio controls off there. It has drilled aluminum pedals. Same body kit as Type-S, other than where on the Type-S (and indeed the rest of the range there are chrome strips around the grille and windows, those are body coloured. Oh and it has Recaro seats too. Oh and the uprated suspension that's a FF option on the Type-S (which I got!) is standard. There's bound to be a few other differences, but I am not sure.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:40 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default This is where i come in

Being i AM frum the east this is my place, there is No S. the Euro R id the top Sprot line model offered in Europe, The others are SE and lower runk models . In most of asia, there is the Type R and teh Euro R, and as i have the first year SiR-T (Tureno) which was offered with teh venurable K24A putting 228 Hp and is a (ABA)-CL9 chassis ,also sharing the CL9 chassis is the later version the 24TL(liek an EX model) but with the K24A onlee producing 200 HP as with the 24S, the ABA-CL9( chassis is made as rigid as the ABA-CL8, this is a 4WD chassis as its odffered in asia with a 4WD option, but onlee with the K20A, the EURO R is the onlee premium sport model offered now in the Accord linup on the DBA-CL7 platform as is shared with the Typer R also on the DBA-CL7, the Type R Accord was ran between late 02 to early 04 with a 220 Hp K20A with 142 lbs TQ and the SiR-T beggining 03 to beggining 04 with a K24A putting 228 Hp and 166 lbs TQ, the Euro R began in late 03 as 04 models with the same chassis variation as the Type R model it would replace. The SiR-T chassis now is used solely as teh 24TL and S models but have 8 less HP and almsot 20 LBS less TQ and onlee offered in automatic. The Type S and Type R are onlee offered in The Honda Integra, the Type s uses a basic K20A putting onlee 168 Hp butu lots of executive luxury sport items(cosmetic in and out) and the Type R has teh 220 Hp K20A offering less options butu more sportyness as factory racing seats(Sparco) no leather and manual onlee, and suspension .i own a 04 Accord SiR-T Tureno and 01 Accord SiR-T
Tureno, my 01 has an H22A.Yu can check my pics at my garage or in Accord pIcs onlee discussion. The Tpe S(not Euro S) is a model that has just started to be offered as the EURO R had been taken of the widestream european market, but they are not offered on the ABA-CL9 platform but an ABA-CL8(manual tranny) and ABA-CL& for auto, but with onlee 190 HP
Old 10-08-2005, 07:38 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Originally Posted by DUNK_Performanc
Being i AM frum the east this is my place, there is No S. the Euro R id the top Sprot line model offered in Europe, The others are SE and lower runk models . In most of asia, there is the Type R and teh Euro R, and as i have the first year SiR-T (Tureno) which was offered with teh venurable K24A putting 228 Hp and is a (ABA)-CL9 chassis ,also sharing the CL9 chassis is the later version the 24TL(liek an EX model) but with the K24A onlee producing 200 HP as with the 24S, the ABA-CL9( chassis is made as rigid as the ABA-CL8, this is a 4WD chassis as its odffered in asia with a 4WD option, but onlee with the K20A, the EURO R is the onlee premium sport model offered now in the Accord linup on the DBA-CL7 platform as is shared with the Typer R also on the DBA-CL7, the Type R Accord was ran between late 02 to early 04 with a 220 Hp K20A with 142 lbs TQ and the SiR-T beggining 03 to beggining 04 with a K24A putting 228 Hp and 166 lbs TQ, the Euro R began in late 03 as 04 models with the same chassis variation as the Type R model it would replace. The SiR-T chassis now is used solely as teh 24TL and S models but have 8 less HP and almsot 20 LBS less TQ and onlee offered in automatic. The Type S and Type R are onlee offered in The Honda Integra, the Type s uses a basic K20A putting onlee 168 Hp butu lots of executive luxury sport items(cosmetic in and out) and the Type R has teh 220 Hp K20A offering less options butu more sportyness as factory racing seats(Sparco) no leather and manual onlee, and suspension .i own a 04 Accord SiR-T Tureno and 01 Accord SiR-T
Tureno, my 01 has an H22A.Yu can check my pics at my garage or in Accord pIcs onlee discussion. The Tpe S(not Euro S) is a model that has just started to be offered as the EURO R had been taken of the widestream european market, but they are not offered on the ABA-CL9 platform but an ABA-CL8(manual tranny) and ABA-CL& for auto, but with onlee 190 HP
Correction, final production SiR-T's(04) were 237 HP cause it shared the free-er flowing cat and exhaust that the American model(05) TL has , Accord SiR 32TL
Old 10-08-2005, 12:22 PM
PlasticMekon
Get in mah belly!

Er... ok!?

Well living in UK kinda qualifies my knowledge. The EUDM Accord Type-S, which I own, is the top of the line sport model offered in Europe. The line up being 2.0 SE, 2.0 Sport, 2.2 i-CDTi Sport, 2.0 / 2.2 i-CDTi Exec, Type-S, 2.4 Exec. As you can see, the Type-S is top sporty model. For some reason, Honda wont bring the Euro-R here! or I'd have one of them. They have never done a Type-R in Gen7 EUDM Accord.

Please post pics of the models you speak of! I'd be interested to see what's on offer.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:03 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Originally Posted by PlasticMekon
Er... ok!?

Well living in UK kinda qualifies my knowledge. The EUDM Accord Type-S, which I own, is the top of the line sport model offered in Europe. The line up being 2.0 SE, 2.0 Sport, 2.2 i-CDTi Sport, 2.0 / 2.2 i-CDTi Exec, Type-S, 2.4 Exec. As you can see, the Type-S is top sporty model. For some reason, Honda wont bring the Euro-R here! or I'd have one of them. They have never done a Type-R in Gen7 EUDM Accord.

Please post pics of the models you speak of! I'd be interested to see what's on offer.
Yes The Type R was never offered in Europe as i stated. My facts were correct, i have no idea about the 2.2 honestlly yu would kno cause it went out with the last model JDM Accord
Old 10-08-2005, 02:04 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Europe and Asia have different model lineups and engines
Old 10-08-2005, 02:14 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/a...2&d=1127067252
my cars are in this post
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...d.php?t=126617