-Lexus GS430

Criteria:
-Nice 4 Door
-Nice Interior
-Moderate (at least) power
-Reliability
-Good Value
-Don't ding up as fast as my Integra

What do you guys think about the TSX compared to these other cars? Any problems that you guys have experienced?

Your comments are all welcome...

Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 07:13 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSX is a very nice car for the money. It's essentially the Eurpoean version of the Honda Accord. However, excuse me if I sound a bit confused, but if you are looking at a Lexus GS 430, the V8 power alone would be enough to sway me over. It's quite a different car from the 4 cylinder TSX.

Also, if you are considering these different cars in different classes and price brackets, you should consider the Acura TL as well. It's larger than the TSX and it has V6 power.

Reliability and good value aren't necessarilly strong attributes of the Jaguar or Mercedes nameplates these days. The S-Type Jag and Mercedes 230 Kompressor are nice cars, don't get me wrong. But neither company makes their cars as reliable nor do they hold their resale value as well as Toyota or Honda.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:16 AM
midwestgsr

Originally Posted by fastball
TSX is a very nice car for the money. It's essentially the Eurpoean version of the Honda Accord. However, excuse me if I sound a bit confused, but if you are looking at a Lexus LS430, wouldn't that be about 2x the price of a TSX and not even in the same class? If you were considering the LS430, and you could afford one, I'd say go for it.

Also, if you are considering these different cars in different classes and price brackets, you should consider the Acura TL as well. It's larger than the TSX and it has V6 power.
I'm considering the GS430 but point well taken... for the more expensive cars on the list, I was going to look at like 2002's. and for the TSX 2004's.... basically i want the nicest car for about 24-26k
Old 05-07-2005, 07:18 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally Posted by midwestgsr
I'm considering the GS430 but point well taken... for the more expensive cars on the list, I was going to look at like 2002's. and for the TSX 2004's.... basically i want the nicest car for about 24-26k
Sorry..... I realized I'd goofed so I corrected myself a little

If you're gonna stay in the mid-20's price range, then I still might think about a GS430 over the TSX. The only reason I'd get the TSX is because you can get it in a manual, and I personaly won't drive an automatic. So that rules a certain amount of cars out for me right off the bat.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:22 AM
midwestgsr

Originally Posted by fastball
The S-Type Jag and Mercedes 230 Kompressor are nice cars, don't get me wrong. But neither company makes their cars as reliable nor do they hold their resale value as well as Toyota or Honda.
this is exactly why i was thinking about like a 4L or 4.2L S-Type... they are very affordable (since they don't hold resale value) and beautiful, nice cars... i just don't know if i should go for this car and risk reliability issues or roll Toyota/Honda so that i won't have to worry about it
Old 05-07-2005, 07:25 AM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally Posted by midwestgsr
this is exactly why i was thinking about like a 4L or 4.2L S-Type... they are very affordable (since they don't hold resale value) and beautiful, nice cars... i just don't know if i should go for this car and risk reliability issues or roll Toyota/Honda so that i won't have to worry about it

Well, if the price is right and you like the cars, go for it.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:21 PM
accordsir86

i agree wit fastball.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
biggrengo

dohc v-tec tsx 5spd will out perform lexus v-6 any day, trans has needed updates to 2nd and 3rd gear synchros. warranty covers 99% of these updates/repairs
Old 05-07-2005, 03:10 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Originally Posted by biggrengo
dohc v-tec tsx 5spd will out perform lexus v-6 any day, trans has needed updates to 2nd and 3rd gear synchros. warranty covers 99% of these updates/repairs

I think he's looking at the GS 430, which is a 4.3 liter V8. The only Honda vehicles that could hang with it are the Acura TL or RL. And it's VTEC, not v-tec or any other variation of the acronym.

I see you're new, so we'll cut you some slack
Old 05-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Project_ITR

get the TSX with the 6speed (there's no 5 speed TSX) i'm facing the same problem deciding on cars too...im tryin to decide between an EVO and a TSX...i think the EVO's winning tho lol