Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   NFL Peeps, pick-em survivor advice (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/524251-nfl-peeps-pick-em-survivor-advice.html)

RB 10-28-2009 09:55 PM

NFL Peeps, pick-em survivor advice

So I'm in a pay pick-em survivor league. The pickins are starting to thin out. I've narrowed down my choices to the following:

Cowboys - Playing the Seahawks at home.

Pros: When their offense is clicking, they're very hard to stop. They're at home.

Cons: Their offense has been unpredictable and stagnant for large chunks this season.

Bears - Playing the Browns at home.

Pros: Bears defense + Browns offense means Cleveland might not even score. They're at home.

Cons: Oh wait a minute, Bear's defense just let Cincy drop 40+ on them. Also, Cutler sucks balls.

Chargers - Playing the Raiders at home.

Pros: P-Rivs is the tits. They're at home. Prolific offense when in the zone. Cons: Oakland nearly beat them in the season opener. Chargers offense, much like the cowboys, is prone to large periods of stagnation.

Lend me your thoughts, gents.

dubcac 10-28-2009 10:46 PM

I would tend to take the Cowboys....at home, against the weak Seahawks. The Boys look like they're learning their identity with Miles Austin.

But....I also like the Chargers at home. Sure, Oakland almost beat them in Oakland in the first game of the season, but LT is much stronger, and the Chargers have been looking much better. The Raiders are in disarray, and Jamarcus Russell keeps getting worse. And McFadden is still out.

The Chargers have won 13 straight against the Raiders...haven't lost since 03. Plus, this is a rivalry game. The Chargers will not lose this game on their turf.

Chargers ftw.

jconeab 10-28-2009 11:15 PM

yea chargers.

fuck the cowgirls and bears d lost my faith in them after last week.

NOPD 10-29-2009 05:20 AM

Dallas - the offense is clicking again and the defense is turning it up. That bye week helped a shitload. The Seahawks are in dissaray with a lot of their players injured. Dallas wins. 28 - 17

Chicago - their offense line is horrendous, but Cleveland D will make it easy for them. And we know Cleveland won't be able to score much. It will be a close contest though. Chicago wins 17 - 10.

San Diego - 34 - 7 :o

RB 10-29-2009 06:48 AM

Hmm. Looks like 3 yes votes for my favorite team. I might be swayed.

Draconius 10-29-2009 06:53 AM

I'm with you RB. Those are all good choices and good reasons. Cowboys have been wish-washy, bears have either won big or lost big...just talk to Drew and mention Cutler (:chuckles:). With the Chargers Rivers needs to keep his eye on the game clock...he has more delay of game penalties than virtually anyone else EVER in the NFL. That call irks me to no end.

LOVE the quick slants to Sproles and he is gone for 40-60 yards and Jackson's catches are SPOT on. We need to clean and polish everything if the damn Broncos keep winning every game :mad:

joebenz 10-29-2009 08:09 AM

I say Chargers.

flipped cracka 10-29-2009 09:30 AM

i would say chargers

dubcac 10-29-2009 09:55 AM

San Dieeeeeeeeeeeeegoooooooooooo.......SUUUUUPPPAAAAAA AAA CHARRRRRRRRRRRRGASSSSSSSSSS!!

dom93hatch 10-29-2009 10:01 AM

They're letting LT run more and more this season. :x: