Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   so i'm starting to get a little scared (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/404655-so-im-starting-to-get-a-little-scared.html)

RB26DETT 11-06-2008 01:28 AM

so i'm starting to get a little scared

A little rant right now because I'm sick and tired of studying and feeling like this is all useless.

I'm a junior right now and I still have absolutley zero direction in my life. I have no clue what I want to do or what to study :( . Yeah, I know many people don't know, but everyone around me is pretty much set in their coursework and their goals for their future.

Halp :wtc:

95LSv 11-06-2008 02:11 AM

+ 1 brah... I was doing econ and absolutely hated it and now I have no clue what im doing... Im thinking of taking a semester off to figure shit out

RB26DETT 11-06-2008 02:26 AM

Originally Posted by 95LSv (Post 4119605)
+ 1 brah... I was doing econ and absolutely hated it and now I have no clue what im doing... Im thinking of taking a semester off to figure shit out

I feel like taking a semester off is such a waste of time though. I don't know why, but I feel a sense of urgency. Probably because of my asian upbringing. You know, gotta make that money fast to support the parents.

The undergrad business school program (finance, acct, marketing, or management majors) at my school is a 2 year program (junior and senior years). The first two years you need to do the pre-reqs and basically get an amazing gpa to get into the business school. I was doing that until I totally fucked up my gpa. Then I moved to econ, then I went to bio, then i went to econ again, then comm, then psych. I'm contemplating compsci, but that would require me to graduate very very late. :(

Just Janna 11-06-2008 03:05 AM

A. You're in trouble if you come to a web forum asking for what direction your life should take.

B. Not everyone needs to know right away what they want to do.

C. Just do what makes you happy and direction will find you.

Spec R 11-06-2008 03:15 AM

yeah going thru college does weird shit to your head, but dont give up, just finish what you've done so far. one of my biggest regrets in life was flunking early college because i was lazy and just wanted to be popular with the people in the dorms

joebenz 11-06-2008 06:55 AM

you can only help yourself. we cannot make your decisions for you

RB26DETT 11-06-2008 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by joebenz (Post 4119873)

yeah i know. i just wanted to say whats been weighing on my mind lately. =/

RicoD 11-06-2008 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by joebenz (Post 4119873)

what a cop out millionaire answer :mad:

On other note, I was dead set on an EE degree.... I'm still taking the classes... but uhhh... yea I dunno.... Engineering is monotonous work :oh: Imagineering though would be awesome :o

CRAIGHIMSELF 11-06-2008 07:02 AM

I hear you dude. There are many variables on why you feel this way. You make just be stressed out. Do you work as well? Trying to balance a relationship with work and school? Do you get enough sleep or eat healthy? Dude, all these could be a combo of things that will make you question if what you're doing in life right now is the right thing.

HawtPants 11-06-2008 07:03 AM

not to mention the job market is shyte and will be like that for 3-5 more years. my advice is to get a degree in anything and go from there.