Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   I think i'm closing my paypal account. (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/371239-i-think-im-closing-my-paypal-account.html)

Anthony 08-27-2008 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude (Post 4028734)
I would never link anything to my bank accout lol

I just link it to my card :o

+1

Credit cards have fraud insurance for things like this. I'd rather the added layer of protection from my own card where I can tell them I didn't authorize that purchase.

M@rshy 08-27-2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by F22B Prelude (Post 4028734)
I would never link anything to my bank accout lol

I just link it to my card :o

I don't have a credit card, only a debit card. But I caught it, Paypal already had a hold on the funds, and I contacted my bank and worked everything out.

nevets 08-27-2008 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by kento (Post 4028637)
i've used paypal for 8 years and have never had a problem with it.

Originally Posted by reechy (Post 4028672)
dot

:werdr:

Nightshade 08-27-2008 01:51 PM

I used paypal twice and cancelled after they tried to hit me for "commercial use fees"

that was like 9 years ago I think.

fathergoat 08-27-2008 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by dj02 (Post 4028673)

"AVG has detected active threats on this webpage" :down:

For the record I have had no problems with paypal.

flyromeo3 08-27-2008 02:50 PM

I had one problem with paypal where the idiot bought something from me and he lives in australia. I told him what the shipping charges would be and he opt'd for USPS international mail which would take like 3-4 weeks.
WHICH HE KNEW AND I STATED IN MY EMAIL TO HIM PRIOR TO HIM WINNING.

I gave this scumbag tracking info and scanned the receipt and emailed to him.

A$$hole decides to put a dispute with paypal about a week later.
( If you pay 35.XX ) for shipping do you really think its going to get there in 3 days.

Low and behold paypal honored his dispute and not only did they debit my account for that charge, he also received the item.

PAYPAL SUCKS!

My subsequent call to them was basically, " the dispute is closed" there is nothing else that can be done.

So when I fly to australia in my lifetime I'm paying this a$$hole a visit and show him how Americans dont like to be ripped off.

DarkStarr 08-27-2008 05:10 PM

I hate paypal, but I find it necessary at times, so I created an unfunded savings account that I can easily transfer money to and out of when needed.

eonsx311 08-27-2008 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nelson (Post 4028680)
I've had several issues with PayPal.

as have I. their dispute resoloution is horrible. once i had to file a dispute for
rims i purchased. well, if you file a claim for the person not shipping it out at all, then weeks later they ship it (and for all you know they could be sending rocks in a box) paypal will not cancle one claim and open a new one (for another reason) under the same transaction. Sooooooo, paypal gave someone money to ship you rocks and the person still is allowed conduct biz with them, and you get jack shit for it. worst experience ever.

jclau00 08-27-2008 06:09 PM

yah paypal sucks. they usually side with the buyer for disputes. merchants get little protection even if you follow their rules.