Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Any image processing nerds? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/250002-any-image-processing-nerds.html)

Red X 09-20-2006 05:15 PM

Any image processing nerds?

This is a long-shot - but anyone in here familiar with Matlab and/or image processing techniques:

specifically - Filters (Gaussian, Laplacian), Edge detection ?

ReVenGe 09-20-2006 06:22 PM

well.... not a nerd.... but i've done some filter things..... what you lookin for?

Red X 09-20-2006 07:19 PM

I need to implement a derivative of Gaussian function for a 2d image. I'm returning the derivative in the x and y directions.. My question is, do the arrays have to be the same size after I convolute the kernel with the matrice in the x and then in the y?

Convoluting the x and y just means convoluting each individual row with the kernel for x, and column for y?

k3ifers 09-20-2006 07:23 PM

uhhh.. ??

98CoupeV6 09-20-2006 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Red X (Post 3151189)
I need to implement a derivative of Gaussian function for a 2d image. I'm returning the derivative in the x and y directions.. My question is, do the arrays have to be the same size after I convolute the kernel with the matrice in the x and then in the y?

Convoluting the x and y just means convoluting each individual row with the kernel for x, and column for y?

And I just had an aneurism.

ReVenGe 09-20-2006 07:27 PM

i dont think so :hsdunno:

that seems like a realy complicated way to use a blur.... are you just trying to mask it?

Red X 09-20-2006 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by ReVenGe (Post 3151218)
i dont think so :hsdunno:

that seems like a realy complicated way to use a blur.... are you just trying to mask it?

No I need to soften the image before I can do edge detection.

James3370 09-20-2006 07:55 PM

i think if that had been written in mandarin chinesse, i would have almost the same comprehension level of all that

sefl-:owned:

LOL

Draconius 09-20-2006 08:33 PM

You are definately in need of a nerd bigger than yourself...

MrFatbooty 09-20-2006 08:42 PM

You an EE major or somethin?