Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Schizophrenia + Internet = WTF?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Wharbone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What the fuck does that even mean? Get help Mikko.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:08 AM
James Holmes
Banned

Last edited by NOPD; 07-30-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:14 AM
JGordon

^Scared to click play. :ugh:
Old 07-30-2012, 12:19 PM
fathergoat
:3

Well HAN could use some more members and posts right now...
Old 07-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hahahahaha shithead must have just Googled his name again :rofl:
Old 07-30-2012, 01:41 PM
fathergoat
:3

he's probably using it to get more views of his crazy ass video. you should edit the post and replace it with something else.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:51 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I reiterate my other posts in this thread.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 08-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Shithead

Originally Posted by Nightshade
Hahahahaha shithead must have just Googled his name again :rofl:
So true, you can only blame yourself if you use your full name for online posting.

Originally Posted by fathergoat
he's probably using it to get more views of his crazy ass video. you should edit the post and replace it with something else.
I just wanted to share something with you, and I also respect the unarmed victims of Aurora movie theatre shooting.

However, without any offensive intentions I thought that you might find these two sample videos more interesting than NOPD’s video choice. Both videos were uploaded before Aurora movie theatre massacre.

In the middle of first video you can find the movie theatre shooting scene taken from a Warner movie:

First video starts with a teaser which was pulled out after 9/11-attacks for obvious reason. Second video contains a self-made parody of this teaser (remote-controlled helicopter is trapped by branches) and video continues with the footage where town name “Aurora” is mentioned:

Originally Posted by Wharbone
What the fuck does that even mean? Get help Mikko.
Life can be full of strange coincidences, but it doesn't mean anything necessary.

Aurora Shooting Sends Warner Bros. Scrambling to Remove Offensive Scene From ‘Gangster Squad’

Real life tragedies affecting film releases isn’t a new phenomenon. There was a period after the terrorist attacks on 9/11 where films shot in New York City before the World Trade Center went down had to go back and edit scenes out or use digital trickery if even a glimpse of the Twin Towers appeared in a shot. And, more recently, upcoming comedy The Watch had its title changed and one of its trailers pulled after content in the ad too closely echoed the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. People don’t like to be reminded of horrible things when they’re trying to go out for a night of entertainment. So, it comes as no surprise that in the wake of the theater shooting that took place during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado, some films are going to be making adjustments to their content and marketing efforts in order to not inappropriately echo the tragedy that took place.

So far the studio that’s most immediately affected is Warner Bros. Not only did they have millions of dollars worth of violence-filled TV ads for The Dark Knight Rises pulled from the airwaves over the weekend, but they also cancelled several special screenings where the stars of the film were scheduled to make personal appearances. And another of their upcoming releases, the Ruben Fleischer-directed Gangster Squad, is making it necessary for them to make even more adjustments.

Due to a scene in the film’s trailer where several men with machine guns open fire on a movie audience from behind the screen, not only has the studio had to pull the ad out of theaters and take it offline, but they’re also opting to remove the scene from the finished film entirely. And seeing as the theater shooting is a crucial moment in the movie that wouldn’t make any sense to just excise, that means they’re going to have to go back and do some re-writing and re-shooting before its September 7 release.

This, of course, raises questions of what’s appropriate and what’s not when it comes to self-censorship. Certainly it’s in good taste for Warner Bros. to not release a movie that includes a scene of people getting murdered in a theater so soon after something so awful really happened in a highly publicized way, but should other studios start following suit? Which bits of onscreen violence will closely resemble this shooting enough to be deemed offensive and which won’t? How much time needs to pass before studios stop worrying about echoing a real-life incident? And seeing as people doing horrible, violent things to each other has been an unavoidable fact of life since the very beginning of human history, is there really any appropriate way to wade through these murky waters at all? [Variety]
I hope that this post meets your standard for ”tasteful” posting. Otherwise you can re-edit it and what could I do? Sue you...haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLAOP-Tt10k I also hope that you can see the irony of all this. A poor guy hopelessly falls in love with much older former movie star who already has everything and doesn’t need anything from him. What will he do after he gets no reply from the only one whose attention he seeks? He makes himself a public attention whore in internet and gets some attention from you. This makes no more sense than random killing in a movie theatre. Now he is just confused and only trusts in his own feelings. However, there is still some hope as long as he seeks love, not vengeance, and makes fifth page instead of four megatons.

Originally Posted by THEOLDMAN
I reiterate my other posts in this thread.
What else could The Old Man say again if nothing new was allowed to post about the subject of this topic?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Nightshade.jpg (81.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Shithead; 07-21-2013 at 09:14 AM.