Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

anyone ever been ti boarding school or know anyone who has?

Old 11-28-2005, 10:54 AM
lil_1_2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone ever been ti boarding school or know anyone who has?

not for me. my 2nd cousin is out of control and family is thinking of sending him away to some type of boot camp or school. he wont listen does what he wants and hes only 10. its not his fault its his mothers for all the neglect she gave him now he hates her and her new husband but if this kid doesnt straighten up he's gonna cut someone :crazyr: and hoe $$ are they usually? arethey the same as military schools? or bootcamp?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Josh M

One of the owners of my company sends his daughter to one..........I hope your family is ready to pony up some serious loot because its costing them 60k for 1 year..........my sister's roomate has a sister who is in one and its 80k/year..........

Its not really boot camp, its just a very controlled environment. You have to earn everything you take for granted living at home. There is no music or tv's or computers and you aren't even allowed to talk to your family on the phone for a certain period of time.

You need to reach certain levels to gain stuff back. For instance until you reach level 1 you can't even shave your legs or anything if you're a girl and you're only allowed a 5 minute shower..........IIRC you aren't even allowed to wear makeup anytime during your stay. Not to mention you have to wear uniforms 7 days a week and school is 7 days a week from 6am-4pm and then you have therapy until around 9ish...........

If you want the name of the school she is at I can give it to you
Old 11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
lil_1_2002

thats is serious loot.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:32 AM
Josh M

Yeah, and honestly you aren't going to find any bargain places.........I'd say paying at least 50k is pretty much the norm. At least he doesn't have drug problems because they get even pricier
Old 11-28-2005, 11:36 AM
lil_1_2002

know of any few week boot camp thingy to scare hin straight and make him appreciate what he has at home?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:42 AM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i think boarding schools are a great idea. my friend went to one, he repeated his senior year at it and got straight a's. he wasnt really a bad kid, just one day he happened to get a decent amount of trouble and him and his mom didnt really think it was a good idea for him to stay in syracuse, but i could see how it could help someone who is going in the wrong direction. the kid now plays d1 soccer at wvu