Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   I got picked on today (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/172291-i-got-picked-on-today.html)

JoePoonani 01-15-2005 01:23 PM

yea you would just grind the reverse gear to soup if you try to throw it in reverse even if you're driving 10mph. im calling :bs: on this one. unless his tranny is destroyed :oh:

MPerson 01-15-2005 01:38 PM

janiV vs Transmission
janiV wins... FATALITY

:uhhok:

JoePoonani 01-15-2005 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by MPerson
janiV vs Transmission
janiV wins... FATALITY

:uhhok:

Flawless Victory :chuckles:

Misa 01-15-2005 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by JoePannone
Flawless Victory :chuckles:

i have a 98 auto v6 accord.

the engine wont shift into reverse when the speed is above 25ish. it will keep it in neutral

i think this was discussed before on HAN somewhere

::edit:: found it

Originally Posted by kenton
I drove my automatic like a damn rocket car for at least 30K miles. I'm now at 104K, with a tiny bit of slippage on the trannie, usually until the car warms up. I still drive it like a rocket!

Fun tip for 5th and 6thG Accord owners: You got a tailgater really close? Throw it in reverse. The car WILL NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT shift into reverse (unless you're going below 10MPH). The car shifts into neutral (SAFE!) and throws on your reverse lights, add brake lights as neccessary. It'll get ANYONE off your ass (including cops!) and if you're looking hard, and if they slam on their brakes, you'll be rewarded with a huge head nod from them. laugh laugh laugh. I've even revved it all the way to redline in reverse. Totally safe. I learned it from a local Honda dealer who showed me in a dealer Accord.

MPerson 01-15-2005 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by janiVI
i have a 98 auto v6 accord.

the engine wont shift into reverse when the speed is above 25ish. it will keep it in neutral

i think this was discussed before on HAN somewhere

edit-- found it

If it won't shift it above 25ish, and it's unsafe at any speed above 5mph, why only over 25ish?

Misa 01-15-2005 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by MPerson
If it won't shift it above 25ish, and it's unsafe at any speed above 5mph, why only over 25ish?

ive never done it under 20... dont wanna mess up my tranny

aero3685 01-15-2005 04:41 PM

i would hate to see what happens if there is a defect somewhere, and it ends up engaging

LT 01-15-2005 06:17 PM

happens to me all the time.

PacificDude 01-15-2005 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by azn_redneck
I don't have that problem. I do have a problem with people in small cars tailgating me though.

That bothers teh shizzit out me to no end. Most anything less than 3 car lengths on the freeway is annoying, especially by SUV's. If I had to unexpectedly stop, and someone was following me that close, I'd be destroyed :( . I've had too many close calls with this issue.

azn_redneck 01-16-2005 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by PacificDude
That bothers teh shizzit out me to no end. Most anything less than 3 car lengths on the freeway is annoying, especially by SUV's. If I had to unexpectedly stop, and someone was following me that close, I'd be destroyed :( . I've had too many close calls with this issue.

In my case, it's probably more dangerous for the small car, since I'm driving a truck. If they get too close, they disappear behind the tailgate and I can barely see them in the rearview mirror.