Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   I love mountain roads (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/146750-i-love-mountain-roads.html)

evolution 07-10-2004 05:56 PM

I love mountain roads

You west coast guys are too lucky! I went on a 800 km (600 mile) round-trip run around the mountains in British Columbia in a e320 4matic. Amazing! The steptronic was a bit iffy and I don't like the guages, but the entire car feels very solid. Unfortunately the car is too quiet.

If only I had an s2000 or Miata, I can just imagine how great the runs would be. Nothing but mountain on one side and a huge drop on the other. :D

I think i'll drive down to California one of these weeks to experiece the pacific coast highway.

cliffnotes:
West coast > east coast. :oh:

Nelson 07-10-2004 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by evolution
cliffnotes:
West coast > east coast. :oh:

:squint:

Me = Disown You

But East Coast roads do suck :(

wagon89 07-10-2004 06:32 PM

I recommend that you drive Hwy 74 Palm to pines Palm Desert So Cal. Along with Hwy 3 outside Hayfork Nor Cal

evolution 07-10-2004 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by MaxBoosT
:squint:

Me = Disown You

But East Coast roads do suck :(

Yeah :(

How are the roads in California? Is the condition good? The BC city roads are crap. A lowered car will die a quick death. I bet many rims have been bent.

Nelson 07-10-2004 06:38 PM

Yeah :(

How are the roads in California? Is the condition good? The BC city roads are crap. A lowered car will die a quick death. I bet many rims have been bent.

Cali, I don't know, last I was there (1999) they were not bad. But seeing all their show cars and cars that are literally 2" off the ground, then that's :thumbup:

Here in NYC, potholes are APLENTY. They are literally 1' deep/wide.

A friend of mine was driving his VW on 18" BBS's on the highway, we were driving along and all a sudden, WHAM, the BBS bent and the tire blew out right away. I myself must have bent at least 7+ wheels, there are so many, it's un-avoidable. :(

evolution 07-10-2004 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by MaxBoosT
Cali, I don't know, last I was there (1999) they were not bad. But seeing all their show cars and cars that are literally 2" off the ground, then that's :thumbup:

Here in NYC, potholes are APLENTY. They are literally 1' deep/wide.

A friend of mine was driving his VW on 18" BBS's on the highway, we were driving along and all a sudden, WHAM, the BBS bent and the tire blew out right away. I myself must have bent at least 7+ wheels, there are so many, it's un-avoidable. :(

Ouch...if BBS can bend like that i'd hate to be driving a car with ADR rims. Haha, entire wheel might fall off.

RB26DETT 07-10-2004 06:44 PM

some roads on the east coast are pretty cool. just not as long as the pacific coast highway

Nelson 07-10-2004 06:47 PM

Ouch...if BBS can bend like that i'd hate to be driving a car with ADR rims. Haha, entire wheel might fall off.

That's what I was thinking. If they were some lightweight racing wheel, it'd turn to like a stop sign shape.

I actually BENT a 13" steelie once :eek3:

whoaitslen2 07-10-2004 08:05 PM

I know some mountain runs. :rick:

LT 07-11-2004 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by RB26DETT
some roads on the east coast are pretty cool. just not as long as the pacific coast highway

driving through the appalachians is pretty fun. especially up in VT and NH.