Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Oh god...even i feel embarrased by what i saw... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/136711-oh-god-even-i-feel-embarrased-by-what-i-saw.html)

RicoD 04-21-2004 08:13 PM

Oh god...even i feel embarrased by what i saw...

i was walking around towards my car in a parking lot...and parked next to me is this other honda civic with a full body kit custom paint job, biggest wing you could find on ebay, and vinyls....and oh yeah 18s....

anyways i was like hey thats a decent looking show car...and being the weird person that i am i looked through the windows to see what others things he had done to the inside....it was fully customized with like tv screens everwhere...looked like leather and suede seats....

oh heres the kicker....it had a 5 inch monster tach on the dash...with a shift light....the thing is...its automatic? :eek: :confused:

now...err...whats the point on the shiftlight part there? sorry i just had to share...i was like...this dude is kind of weird isnt he...needs a shift light on an auto...*for those of you that do have shift lights on ur auto...err....yeah your still weird to me....*

The G2 Racer 04-21-2004 08:19 PM

He's called a ricer.

Bakeoff 04-21-2004 08:28 PM

IBL or move to the basement.

PHiZ 04-21-2004 09:46 PM

Are you positive it read RPMs and wasn't the new Ractiv Monster-Bling meter?
-PHiZ

RicoD 04-21-2004 09:48 PM

yes im positive it read RPMs....i went to the other side and checked it just in case....

EDIT: if i remember correctly i believe it was one of the autometer ones that u can get at pep boys or autozone for like 150 bucks...

randomtask77 04-21-2004 09:55 PM

Back in the days when people would enter their cars into shows, I was told that any modification done to a car earns them show points. If it's not stock, it got points. I guess he felt that if he added a tach with the light, he'd earn points at the shows. Even if it was a useless mod, it was a mod nonetheless. I'm just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...

Or he's simply what G2 Racer called him. :chuckles:

Spood 04-22-2004 08:06 AM

What a f'n moron.

...Then again...maybe he was gonna swap to a manual?

Quikstep 04-22-2004 09:46 AM

I bet it was probably an EX that already had a stock tach, too.

Nelson 04-22-2004 11:15 AM

Basement :)

Originally Posted by randomtask77
Back in the days when people would enter their cars into shows, I was told that any modification done to a car earns them show points. If it's not stock, it got points. I guess he felt that if he added a tach with the light, he'd earn points at the shows. Even if it was a useless mod, it was a mod nonetheless. I'm just giving the guy the benefit of the doubt...

Or he's simply what G2 Racer called him. :chuckles:

I agree. For 'show' minded people, a mod is a mod = points.

Many people just throw all the parts from a catalog because they're mods - overlooking the fact that maybe some things don't look or function well together.

oc_civic 04-22-2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by RicoD
now...err...whats the point on the shiftlight part there?

it is my humble opinion that this *mod* has more of a point than this worthless thread....