Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   politics... (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/13340-politics.html)

mookiestic 08-04-2002 04:02 PM

politics...

just curious if you identify yourself with any particular political party...i guess i'm a republican, although I dont agree completely with them...but moreso than the other parties.

EurAznBoi 08-04-2002 05:17 PM

I'm a straight up republican.

b00gers 08-04-2002 05:24 PM

i dont vote, yet.

2002civicex 08-04-2002 06:11 PM

yea same here

WannaPlay 08-04-2002 06:15 PM

Not really- but I am registered as democrat. I side with democrats more often.
I really think politics is crap though. It's a shame there are so many corrupt politicians.

mookiestic 08-04-2002 09:34 PM

Originally posted by WannaPlay
I really think politics is crap though. It's a shame there are so many corrupt politicians.
yeah, i agree. I dont trust any of them...i'm just basing my choice on party platforms.

19.3secS2K 10-21-2002 11:36 PM

I vote 3rd party.

2000 election, I voted Green Party (Nader!).

But as far as the main two, I'd go Democratic before Republican any day of the week.

THEOLDMAN 10-22-2002 03:43 AM

Ralphie is the Green party's worst nightmare anymore. Making promises that he knows he won't have to keep because he knows he won't (can't) win. I read the issues, and the backgrounds of the candidates and vote for those who think more like me. Unfortunately it seems like you are wasting your vote by voting the 3rd parties (too small of numbers to be considered valid) because most of the time their constituency while being vocal is so misguided that they turn off people when they are trying to put valid issues on the ballot. Too many stoners that look like druggies and smell very bad asking you to sign petitions, also the venues that they pick to get people to sign petitions (rock or rap concerts) lend themselves to questionalbe signatories. If I wanted to get petitions thrown out I could do it easily at those types of places.

BTW I am registered as a republican but consider myself a Democratic Hawk. I registered this way in order to vote in the republican primary for the weakest candidate. Although if McCain would have had the position I would have voted for him. The republican party is getting kind of scary at this time, ever since the crowning of King George by the Supreme Clowns.(oops I meant Court)

Evilkittie 10-22-2002 11:10 PM

I'm a straight ticket Democrat. I think our current president is crap, and i'd probaly say it to his face. His father was crap, he is crap, although, i don't think Gore would have done any better. I actually thought Clinton was a great president, he minded his own business, and got work done.

19.3secS2K 10-23-2002 11:52 AM

Originally posted by sexygreencivic
I actually thought Clinton was a great president, he minded his own business, and got work done.
I'm totally with you. I thought this country was better off with him in office.

too bad he didn't inhale :-D