Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What's everyone doing career wise in 2014-2015?

Old 11-06-2014, 06:13 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2014 started off mediocre but seems to be ending busy as hell...It's looking like 2015 is not going to get better...
Old 11-06-2014, 09:29 AM
NOPD
Come in My Hole

Originally Posted by RicoD
2014 started off mediocre but seems to be ending busy as hell...It's looking like 2015 is not going to get better...
more money at least?
Old 11-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
Amazon is opening a warehouse in Illinois. I place 180+ orders on Amazon yearly. I will now get taxed to all hell.

Talk to your boss for me. I'm not happy.

I live in the boonies and don't have time to not be looking at a book, so amazon is my savior.

I didn't pay tax in Louisiana, but Tennessee I pay super tax for amazon. It suuuuucks.
Old 11-07-2014, 07:13 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by NOPD
more money at least?
Yes but almost not worth it at times when I spend most of my time at work than home. I guess the 3 weeks I take off during December is well deserved. h:
Old 11-08-2014, 07:21 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

I now model trans... portation through polymers. Real science and engineering. Hard work only sometimes trumps schmoozing in corporate America, but at least I have my facts straight.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:02 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

I know the title says 2014, but I figured I'd throw in my update. After being a Police Officer for the past 6 years, I've decided it's time for a change. My wife doesn't much care for my hours nor the crap I have to put up with. So I've decided to attempt to get into IT. It's tough for me though, no degree and I've only got IT experience with the Army. So finding an entry level IT job with no degree has been tough, plus not to mention all of the benefits I'll be leaving behind at the PD. But, I had a job interview the other week and they're hiring me for a one-day trial run tomorrow. There's not guarantee that I'll get hired if I perform well, but they were already discussing sending me to training for Microsoft and CompTIA certifications.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:29 PM
Zackk

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by c_rogue69
I know the title says 2014, but I figured I'd throw in my update. After being a Police Officer for the past 6 years, I've decided it's time for a change. My wife doesn't much care for my hours nor the crap I have to put up with. So I've decided to attempt to get into IT. It's tough for me though, no degree and I've only got IT experience with the Army. So finding an entry level IT job with no degree has been tough, plus not to mention all of the benefits I'll be leaving behind at the PD. But, I had a job interview the other week and they're hiring me for a one-day trial run tomorrow. There's not guarantee that I'll get hired if I perform well, but they were already discussing sending me to training for Microsoft and CompTIA certifications.

Good luck man. Have you already left the PD?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:44 AM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by c_rogue69

Good luck dude hope all goes well
Old 03-18-2015, 05:04 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Originally Posted by Zackk
Good luck man. Have you already left the PD?
Thanks...I haven't left the PD yet. I did the "trial run" with the company the other week and I'm waiting to hear back from the boss man. He said that he'd be discussing myself and the open position last week and would get back to me as soon as possible. So now it's just the waiting game. The "trial run" went well. I was able to do everything that I was asked to do and I got along with the field technician from the company. Everything seems to be positive, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

Still a team lead, still working too much

Quick Reply: What's everyone doing career wise in 2014-2015?