Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Have you lost someone to suicide? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/1121949-have-you-lost-someone-to-suicide.html)

marvinp8700 12-03-2013 08:02 PM

Have you lost someone to suicide?

Just curious if any of you have dealt with this. I lost my brother on Xmas eve almost a year ago and we were close. Spoke on a daily basis. Anyone here ever lost someone in this fashion. I only bring it up because his birthday is Tuesday and I have never bought my brother flowers for his bday nor spent one without him.

white_n_slow 12-04-2013 10:32 AM

Wow, man. I'm sorry for your loss. :happysad: I've had someone close take a stab at it and luckily fail.

Nightshade 12-04-2013 10:33 AM

Yep years ago lost a good friend to suicide after a motorcycle accident left him paralyzed from the waist down.
I see it as the pussies way out no matter who or for what reasons. The only exception I have is final stages of a terminal illness, up to that point you fight that shit.

Zackk 12-05-2013 02:05 PM

I have, and I've spent my past 3 years doing research on it with an MD. PM me if you want to talk about it.

marvinp8700 12-05-2013 04:58 PM

Thanks for the replies. @ nightshade I don't think you have dealt with it on the level I have. I understand your statement and as you said an ailment is one thing and I agree with you. It's my brother though. We have always been close and dealt with shit together that would blow most peoples mind. If it were anyone else I would assign them the same label.

Zackk 12-10-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nightshade (Post 5188487)
I see it as the pussies way out no matter who or for what reasons.

From a clinical point of view, this is incredibly ignorant and uninformed.

Nightshade 12-10-2013 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Zackk (Post 5191147)
From a clinical point of view, this is incredibly ignorant and uninformed.

From a clinical point of view suicide is a definite sign of mental illness ;)

Permanent solution to temporary problems. Argue it how you like but this is the way I see it.

marvinp8700 12-10-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Nightshade (Post 5191221)
From a clinical point of view suicide is a definite sign of mental illness ;)

Permanent solution to temporary problems. Argue it how you like but this is the way I see it.

i think you are just an asshole. i grew up in texas and i see people everyday like you. filth.

Majagit 12-11-2013 05:13 AM

I have not lost anyone close to me but i have seen my classmates and others committing suicide, its causes lot of grief to family. My condolence to you.

Nightshade 12-11-2013 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by marvinp8700 (Post 5191255)
i think you are just an asshole. i grew up in texas and i see people everyday like you. filth.

That's fine you are allowed to believe what you like.
You asked on a public forum and I replied with my view on the subject, just because it doesn't agree with your viewpoint I am an asshole...makes perfect sense.