Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

2004 Acura TSX Vs. 2007 Honda Fit

Old 11-07-2013, 05:41 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Acura TSX Vs. 2007 Honda Fit

Help me decide
I have till 10:00 this morning to decide.My Daughter will be getting either one of these cars i choose when she starts driving and gets her license in 4 months
I've test driven only the TSX so far.The TSx has just had the head gasket replace,and that worries me:nervous:
I'm test driving the fit this morning.

Honda Fit
http://www.importsautooutlet.com/200..._212904997.veh

Acura TSX
http://www.importsautooutlet.com/200..._183070607.veh
Old 11-07-2013, 06:08 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's weird the TSX needed a head gasket, that's like the most reliable motor out there.

My wife has a TSX and my mom has a fit, so I have a little experience with these cars. Personally, I would go with the Fit. Simple reason: your daughter will be driving it and it is cheaper. My kiddo is 18 now (almost 19) and although she hasn't been in any major accidents, she has beaten up both of her cars pretty decently. Just parking in the highschool parking lot is asking for body damage. Head gasket is also a red flag, especially when purchasing from a dealer. You don't know what the issues/sypmtoms were or how long it went before they fixed it.

Other points:
-the TSX has the worst turning radius of almost any car I've ever driven = your kid is going to run it into other cars in the parking lot
-Any honda post-2002 or so will have a pretty good overall safety rating
-Maybe a fit is a little less likely to get robbed by the goons at HS
-I personally think you're spending too much money on a 16yo's car :exnbp: We made our kiddo buy it herself and then pitched in after she had come to grips with the budget. Spent about $2k on my mom's Mazda Millenia. She then got sick of it and ponied up a few grand of her own money for a 2004 Civic EX Not bad for a teenage girl.

Last edited by white_n_slow; 11-07-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:09 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

it is cheaper, probably less on insurance, better gas mileage, (a bit) more easily maneuverable.

I'd go Fit for a kid's first car.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:39 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by white_n_slow
It's weird the TSX needed a head gasket, that's like the most reliable motor out there.

My wife has a TSX and my mom has a fit, so I have a little experience with these cars. Personally, I would go with the Fit. Simple reason: your daughter will be driving it and it is cheaper. My kiddo is 18 now (almost 19) and although she hasn't been in any major accidents, she has beaten up both of her cars pretty decently. Just parking in the highschool parking lot is asking for body damage. Head gasket is also a red flag, especially when purchasing from a dealer. You don't know what the issues/sypmtoms were or how long it went before they fixed it.

Other points:
-the TSX has the worst turning radius of almost any car I've ever driven = your kid is going to run it into other cars in the parking lot
-I personally think you're spending too much money on a 16yo's car :exnbp: We made our kiddo buy it herself and then pitched in after she had come to grips with the budget. Spent about $2k on my mom's Mazda Millenia. She then got sick of it and ponied up a few grand of her own money for a 2004 Civic EX Not bad for a teenage girl.
"Oh don't get twisted"
She will be buying this car off of us. She has about $4000 saved up from Christmas,birthday ect...and will be taking a part time job for insurance/payment.I may make money off of her:naughty:
This will be my car to get back and forth to work in until march or april.
I really appreciate your help and insight Thanks Man!

Originally Posted by spanky
it is cheaper, probably less on insurance, better gas mileage, (a bit) more easily maneuverable.

I'd go Fit for a kid's first car.
As usual you're always giving good advice Spank:goodjob:
As i mentioned,she will buying this car off us.My son will be going to high school next year,so the goal is for them to ride to school together(without killing each other).Me/Mom both decided to have her learn how to drive a stick.
Good ideal guys?
Also fit has a bout 126K but i talk him down to $6500 is that ok for this car?

Last edited by hitman619; 11-07-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:33 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

1st gen Hyundai Excel
Ford Pinto
Ford Festiva
Renault Le Car

It's her first car, she is bound to destroy it so get something cheap and reliable (nothing off my list please). Unless you have money to burn I would cap the purchase to $4k absolute max, there are plenty of good cars in this range (at least out here) that should last the next 4 years, by that time she will probably want to ditch whatever she has anyways or has already totaled it.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:20 AM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Originally Posted by Nightshade
1st gen Hyundai Excel
Ford Pinto
Ford Festiva
Renault Le Car

It's her first car, she is bound to destroy it so get something cheap and reliable (nothing off my list please). Unless you have money to burn I would cap the purchase to $4k absolute max, there are plenty of good cars in this range (at least out here) that should last the next 4 years, by that time she will probably want to ditch whatever she has anyways or has already totaled it.
Part of the problem john is,the used car market in SoCal just plain sucks!
Check out Craigslist in the San Diego section to see what im talking about.Being so close to Mexico Mixed with The Cash for Clunkers(Thanks OBama ) have made the used car market pretty bad here in San Diego.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally Posted by white_n_slow

Other points:
Having a TSX, I'd go with a Fit for a new driver. I can attest to the turning radius, it is awful. Being a larger car, she will have trouble parking it, etc.

I got my 94 Civic EX when I was 16 :exnbp:. $7,300 with 75,000 miles.

duck squad member #00003
Old 11-07-2013, 09:44 AM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Originally Posted by hitman619
"Oh don't get twisted"
She will be buying this car off of us. She has about $4000 saved up from Christmas,birthday ect...and will be taking a part time job for insurance/payment.I may make money off of her:naughty:
This will be my car to get back and forth to work in until march or april.
I really appreciate your help and insight Thanks Man!
Sounds like a plan. I wasn't trying to knock you, I just think the car is really the first big financial lesson for a kid to learn and they should pay for all or at least the majority of it. If she's already saved up $4,000 sounds like you're off to a good start. I bought my first car for $800 and it was the most awesome thing in the world
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 for the Fit!
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Ended up switching lanes,as when i got to the dealership they sold the fit
Got this instead
2004 Honda Accord LX 5 speed manual 102k miles paid $7100 after taxes
Plans:
Acura Tl Type-S Rims/Swapping out shitty factory stereo for Factory Full Navi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0018.jpg (552.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg
IMAG0017.jpg (564.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by hitman619; 12-11-2013 at 01:01 PM.