Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   Annual Vacations (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/1066591-annual-vacations.html)

Skelly_GSR 06-29-2013 05:41 PM

Annual Vacations

Anyone not into them :happysad: ?

I almost see a week going to the beach spending 5k a total waste.
I would much rather buy some land with a cabin on a lake and fish/swim/ride dirtbikes, etc. My vacations would actually be an asset.

Discuss

redgoober4life 06-29-2013 05:55 PM

My parents built a house on a lake 5 years ago and are already talking about selling it in a few years. I think the key is to keep it simple otherwise it can be too much of a burden (more so time than money).

Tiny house movement v. second house?

Skelly_GSR 06-29-2013 05:58 PM

Greetings Corey

TheOtherDave™ 06-29-2013 06:21 PM

Without a decent vacation each year, I would be facing murder charges.:oh: Even though work pays well, I'm burnt out. When I'm for a place to stay, though... I use VRBO or HomeAway. Hotels are an utter ripoff. And since people seem to be getting hip to the idea, I've started looking at lots to build a vacation rental of my own.

Corey, I'd trying listing that house for a vacation rental first.
With some slick copy and good photos, you could see some good money. :dunno:

Nightshade 06-29-2013 07:48 PM

I haven't taken a vacation in about 5 years now, ya get used to it.

If I were spending 5k every year on a vacation I would start putting 5k every year into the bank for purchase of a cabin or start taking smaller vacations.

dubcac 06-29-2013 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™ (Post 5131579)
Without a decent vacation each year, I would be facing murder charges.:oh:

#hernandezing

e3NiNe 06-30-2013 05:54 PM

I don't do anything crazy. I hate it when I come back from a vacation more exhausted than when I first left.

I'll do a short road trip or Vegas (at most).

DarkStarr 06-30-2013 06:16 PM

We're planning on a couple 4 day weekends and maybe a one year anniversary trip back to Miami. Definitely a 10 day tripper. I don't work a normal M-F job so my time off is pretty flexible.

Dweezel 07-01-2013 03:31 AM

Last true vacation was my honeymoon in Italy. Outside of that trip -- I cannot remember the last time I took a true week off from work. Sure, we get away for long weekends here and there, but a full week is rare. If I were to take a week off, I would bookend some weekends and travel back to Europe or South America. I would rather take one international trip every few years than go somewhere mediocre every year.

Also, I live in Florida. Even doing a staycation, I can see palm trees, hang at the pool, or go to the beach

white_n_slow 07-01-2013 06:04 AM

We've been going to Cancun or Cozumel every year for the last few years and we usually get 'er done for less than $1000 per person per week. My wife knows how to shop :oh: