Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   The Basement (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement-2/)
-   -   is this a scam? (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/the-basement/101905-is-this-a-scam.html)

EJ6 Civic 10-17-2003 09:17 AM

is this a scam?

I'd prefer not to post this guys email address just yet, because I don't know what the deal is. Below is my email telling him how much I want for my 96-98 stock civic headlights.

Cruznkaos@aol.com wrote:
Hello,
I'd like 50 U.S. dollars for the 96-98 Civic Headlights. I'm not sure what that equates to in your currency though. Let me know if your still interested and we'll work something out.

Thanks
Corey

He responds with this.....

Thanks a lot for the mail and the price is now okay by me so this is how we are going to seal this transaction There is an associate of mine in the US who is owing me $5,000 i am going to instruct him to send you a check for that amount,and when it clears your bank you can now send my balance by WESTERNUNION.The reason why i am doing this is that a check sent from over here in UK would take like 20days or more to clear whereas a check sent within the US would clear almost immediately check.Although i know that the value of the check is more than the price of the ITEM but
i am willing to trust you with my balance So if this offer is acceptable to
you,let me have your contact information so that i can instruct my associate to send you a check,that is your name,address and phone number Please get back to me as soon as soon as you get this mail so that i can know your decision.I am banking on my balance so that i will be able to sett le my shippers here in there local office because it is cheaper and faster.My regards to the family.
Regards.

Something seems really weird here. Wondering what you guys think.

Black2KGSR 10-17-2003 09:19 AM

:squint:

96GreenCivic 10-17-2003 09:22 AM

Dont bother laundering money for someone.

That is what it sounds like to me.

Dweezel 10-17-2003 09:28 AM

If you do that deal, enjoy jail. That sounds like laundering to me

Just Janna 10-17-2003 09:32 AM

To me.. it sounds like this dude in the states is gonna send you 50 bux for the lights for the guy in the UK...

But if he's sending you the full 5000.. I wouldn't trust it.. IDK....

edit: Nevermind.. sounds like he IS sending the 5000k

take it and run. lol
j/k

seriously.. weird.. idk.

flipped cracka 10-17-2003 09:33 AM

"there is an associate of mine" hmm. i wonder.

teh jdm king 10-17-2003 10:31 AM

ahaha
i would do it just to see what happens
jk :chuckles:

ziggyziggy 10-17-2003 10:39 AM

just keep the 5K and ship him your headlights.

SUPER LAUBO 10-17-2003 10:44 AM

BIG FAT NO!!!

this sounds similiar to one of our other members almost getting ripped a new one when he tried to buy a teggy JDM conversion from UK..

DON'T DO IT!!!

Nightshade 10-17-2003 11:00 AM

Its a scam.

Tell him to go jump in a lake.