Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Ctr pistons installed on b18c1

Old 10-02-2003, 07:33 PM
SPORTIMAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ctr pistons installed on b18c1

I installed my ctr pistons on my gsr. I got pretty good power gains especially in the higher rpm range at about 5500. I am playing with the timing advances and am later goning to try to find some 100 octane gas. I am very happy with the power but it feels like I could get more from it. I know tuning is going to be a beeeoch but does anybody have any suggestions on how to get it tuned without using a dyno. If any one else has installed ctr pistons your help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 05:42 AM
Therin

if you cant find 100 octane gas, find some 93 octane and go down and buy some octane boost. that should do ya just fine and probably cheaper.
Old 10-03-2003, 12:33 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

You can drive around with some octane booster for a while but eventually you are going to want to get some kind of electronic tuning aid (Hondata, V-AFC, etc) and have it dialed in on a dyno.

The only way to really tune a car without a dyno is to install both a wide band oxygen sensor and a tuning aid, then datalog off the w/b and make adjustments accordingly. But a wide band oxygen sensor is going to cost more than an hour of dyno time with tuning.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:05 PM
SPORTIMAGE

Played with the timing today and it made a real difference But it still seems to lag. dont get me wrong it makes goooood power but I just feel like it can do more.I put the timing at 14 then 16 18 then 20. 20 felt good but I decided on 18 just to be safe.
Old 10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
SPORTIMAGE

What does a high compression motor need??? Thats the question I need answered. I have dealt with turbos nitrous and superchargers got them down but I havent done high comp yet. Still learning. anyone who is running a high comp n/a motor need your advice.thanks
Old 10-04-2003, 10:09 AM
SPORTIMAGE

Ok so nobody knows. Well we put our heads together at the shop and decided to do a comp test, 260psi all the way across. So we have good compression 70 psi increase over what it was before. then we decided to read the plugs. They were lean of course so we turned up the feul pressure to 50 psi on the fpr. big difference but not enouph. We then added some octane booster wow this is the key. 93 octane with booster made a real difference. I am still learning will continue to tune and tweak until it feels right. Suggestions are still welcome.
Old 10-11-2003, 05:10 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Ctr pistons own, enough said.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:44 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Do real tuning, check out the UberData thread on H-T.

-PHiZ
Old 10-12-2003, 11:31 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Wow, the compression calculator I use to get rough numbers says that a stock B18C1 with B16B pistons is running around 12:1 compression... you might want to get that tuned ASAP or at least keep it running a little rich until you do.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:48 PM
SPORTIMAGE

I had my feul pressure set at 50 psi with 93 octane and it ran good but now since the weather has has gotten colder Its running realy lean. My air feul ratio drops after vtec and the car stops pulling (I only did this once) I am thinking about installing an external feul pump to try to boost the feul a little but I know the injectors will only flow so much. I was also thinking of running h22 injectors. Let me know what you guys think about this.