Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Tranny Swap Help!?!?

Old 09-23-2003, 12:25 PM
SRD_DC2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny Swap Help!?!?

I NEED HELP!! I just dropped in a 97 B18CR motor into an '95 integra, and now Im in a hole I cant get out of. The problem is, the integra used to be an automatic, and the engine came with a tranny, of course a manual one. I have all the parts needed. BUT, the transmission mount will no bolt up to the chassis. I have tried using a '99 GSR and a Type R transmission mount, but neither work, as the mount comes out to be short(height) so it cant be bolted to the chassis. If anyone has a solution to this plleeeassee help!!! Thanks.
Old 09-24-2003, 09:11 AM
v4lu3s

unless it is diff for civics and tegs you need to weld on the 5 spd tranny bracket.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:54 AM
SRD_DC2

when you say weld on a 5spd tranny bracket you mean to the chassis? i heard two rumors, one was to use a transmission bracket from a 95 gsr(dont know if its diff from a 99) and the other was that the chassis for an auto integra and a manual integra are different.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:00 PM
v4lu3s

i am not surere for integras but i know for the eh/eg chassis (and they seem to share a LOT with the 94+ teg chassis) we had to weld on a 5spd bracket for my gf's auto to manual conversion.
they actually air chiselled the brackek off the fram rail, and welded on the 5 spd version of it...
Old 09-24-2003, 01:52 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Look at the bracket welded to the frame rail. Does it stick out straight or kick up like /. If it's kicked up, Integra's are like Civic's and you've got a problem. You can have the bracket cut away and a proper one mounted or take the stock mount and have it cut and rewelded with an extension to make it fit.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.