Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Compression Ratio?

Old 09-22-2003, 08:35 AM
Mr. UnderHill
Love Is Suicide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compression Ratio?

I'm sending my b18a block out October 1st to get resleeved(dart). I'm also getting the crank balanced, new bearings, Eagle rods, and JE Pistons for 1800 bucks...not a bad price eh? I'm getting the block resleeved for 2 reasons, 1: I'm going LS/Vtec, and what better way to strengthening the block (low rod ratio) than resleeving it, but more importantly 2: I'm going to go turbo. Now here's my question, what's a good compression ratio to shoot for. Like I said ..I'm going to go Turbo, but that's not until the middle of next year. So low compression Pistons are no good at the moment. Any opinions will be much appreciated. :thumbup:
Old 09-22-2003, 10:07 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

You want a lower compression ratio, somewhere like 9.5:1 or 10.0:1. If you end up going all motor you'll want a higher ratio.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:17 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

9.0:1 is good for turbo.

New sleeves don't make a B18A/B block any stronger when it comes to LS/VTEC, that is more of a turbo related fix. The cure for LS/VTEC engines in in the rods and a crank girdle.

If you have that kind of cash, throw on a Z10 engineering block girdle and have the new sleeves bored out to at least 84mm. That will give you a stronger block with the same displacement as a B20B/Z.