Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Lift for my new garage?

Old 09-21-2003, 02:44 PM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift for my new garage?

I need to get some type of lift for my new place. Anyone know of some cheapo, but SAFE lifts for residential garages? Where to get them and how much? I would like to stay under $1,000 if possible. I don't need anythng crazy... just something that will lift the car level about 3-4 feet in the air. I won't even mind some type of manual thing... where I have to crank it up or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Preferably something portable too... so when I move I can take it with me if/when that happens. :thumbup:

PS. This is Slacker... not Tom(DVPGSR).
Old 09-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You want a car lift for your garage? That's hardcore!

The only guy I know of that has one is a rich old man who lives in a rich old neighborhood. He puts his little toy MG on it, lifts it up into the top of his garage about 10 feet, and parks his volvo below it.:chuckles:

Sorry, I don't even know where to start looking for something like that.
Old 09-21-2003, 06:42 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

This seems pretty much what you're lookin for:

http://www.e-autolifts.com/pitstop/pitstop.html
Old 09-22-2003, 10:41 AM
qtiger

Good luck finding an actual lift under $1K. Most lifts are ~$3K... and then you have to buy the hydro system to run it.
Old 09-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Slacker

Originally posted by qtiger
Good luck finding an actual lift under $1K. Most lifts are ~$3K... and then you have to buy the hydro system to run it.
No... I am not looking for a hydraulic lift as I said. Some type of manual lift, like a scissor lift. All the ones I ahve seen run between 1-2k.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:07 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Were getting rid of a scissor lift at my work except it has a bad electric motor. A new motor is like $200. The lift is for sale for 150 i think, but I live in PA so unless you can come and get iits pointless to buy it.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Slacker

Originally posted by LSVTECKING
Were getting rid of a scissor lift at my work except it has a bad electric motor. A new motor is like $200. The lift is for sale for 150 i think, but I live in PA so unless you can come and get iits pointless to buy it.

I'm from CT and can pick it up I think? What part of PA? And if all it needs is a new motor(200) it sounds good to me. How old is it? And what kind?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:59 AM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Honestly I have no idea what kind of lift it is. It is hydraulic/electric. Im from Pittsburgh PA and it is pretty heave too it took 6 guys to get it out of our shop so you'll probably need a pretty big truck to get it.