Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

4th H22 turbo drop in .. Need INFO

Old 09-15-2003, 06:17 PM
walkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th H22 turbo drop in .. Need INFO

Ok guys
I'm a newbie but I've already got information for this swap
andI need more.. Planning to do it in a 2 door ( not important at all :naughty: )
First : I know that a simply H22 is easy
2nd : Is there enough space for a a turbo ( I already saw one in a 5th gen )
3rd : How much and can you spool up more than 8 psi on stock internal ?? Or it will blow up

Thanks for posting
If anyone has done it :thumbup:
tell ME !!!!!
Old 09-16-2003, 03:53 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could blow it up with no boost if your tuning is bad enough.....i've seen 10psi on stock internals with good tuning, and i've seen 3 psi ruin a motor also.....the shape of the motor matters and yes, there is room, although the size of the turbo dictates how simple the process will be...bigger turbos need more room, so you might have to do some cutting, but a turbo that big would be a waste at 7psi......if you're serious about it, start doing some real research, i.e., searching and reading tons of previous posts...i've had a ton of experience with turbos, but i could read all day and night for a week and not learn it all or even half of it....your engine management/fuel delivery will be your biggest decisions....