Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

gsr in 96 sedan

Old 09-06-2003, 10:41 PM
dbrummet
GIT-R-DUN!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gsr in 96 sedan

I have a 96 sedan and am wondering if any1 has one or seen one and if it is better to go with the gsr or type r? i kind of want to go with type r (even tho a LIL bit more $$$.....heh ok ALOT) cuz of LSD but...i guess my biggest question is if i would be happy and am mostly going to be autoxing it and occasional drag. hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this subject. i know there is someone on here named HeavyCivic that has this exact swap done in about the same car as mine, but i can't get in touch with him. thanks to all that help me in advance. and ill have to agree to with every1 when they say HAN is addicting!

-Dean
Old 09-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

what car again?
Old 09-07-2003, 08:16 PM
dbrummet
GIT-R-DUN!!!

heh sorry...96 civic EX sedan...

-Dean
Old 09-09-2003, 03:46 PM
egzivic

I did a swap of JDM type R into 97 EX sedan last month. The car swap was clean and mean. Make sure what ever set-up you decide to go with is OBD-2 and you can modify your engine harness to work without and check engine light. PM me if you have specific questions and you might want to do a search cause there are some specific details already listed about this swap too.