Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

low torque at low rpm

Old 08-19-2003, 11:07 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low torque at low rpm

my zc is really bogging at rpms lower than 1500, after that it picks up steadily, and it gets worse once the car is warmed up? i have a zc with a dc sports header, new cat, 2" 1/4 exhaust, intake, new spark plugs, plug wires, cap and rotor, timing belt (and yes the timing is set right, first thing i checked) brakes arent binding, ???? what could it be and what should i check, i did throw a mapp sensor code a few days ago and just reset the ecu and it went away (if this would be of concern) and also a eavc code (i think i was resetting the idle and it threw that one but not entirely sure if it was a seperate occurance) any help greatly appreciated, because it will really bog when i try to start rolling at a light and then once it gets going about 20 feet and it gets into the 2k rpms it starts taking off? any one have anything like this b4?
Old 08-19-2003, 12:25 PM
crxb16er

anyone?
Old 08-19-2003, 05:23 PM
crxb16er

at the zcr alot of people are suggesting cam timing or ignition timing? i dont have adjustable cam gears so i doubt the cam timing is off otherwise my car wouldnt be turning on and im checking the dizzy timing tonight see if its retarded or advanced too much, cuz i read somewhere that it needs to be advacned to gain low end torque at the expense of top end power???
Old 08-20-2003, 08:09 AM
crxb16er

it was ignition timing when i advanced the dizzy the problem went away just in case anyone wnated to know, i guess it was retarded a little too much
Old 08-26-2003, 11:00 AM
rev

Glad you got it figured out. Just curious why you're swapping to the B? The ZC has plenty of potential. It uses a pretty decent head and there are parts out there - cams/gears that make it a good performer.