Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Code 1 primary O2 sensor

Old 08-11-2003, 07:04 PM
civicexstacy00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 1 primary O2 sensor

Here's the deal. I've recently been battling this problem with my 00 EX where the car hesitates and registers a lean mix on my AFR guage while cruising at about 3000-4000RPM in any gear. It basically feels like there is no combustion going on in the engine. Now I have a VAFC (dyno tuned), MSD ignition, N1 cat back, full race cat, AEM fuel rail and regulator, and AEM cam gear advanced 2deg. I've now replaced the O2 sensor twice, fine tuned my fuel curve with the VAFC, and changed the fuel filter. The plugs and plug wires barely have any mileage on them. The last thing I can think of is that either the ignition box or coil is bad. Have any of you had pblms with the MSD ignitions in the past with boxes going bad? If so how and where should I send it to get it looked at? At any other time whether idle or WOT the car reacts fine and has no hesitation pblms and it's been really hard trying to figure this stuff out so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:18 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

ARe you running a turbo? Why all the fuel?

Car might bog if you're dumping too much fuel, which is what it sounds like to me. Your O2 sensor would then pull fuel, and your AFR (most of them are junk anyways) would read lean.

It's just one opinion.

-PHiZ
Old 08-11-2003, 09:12 PM
silverstreakin
TRD japan ownerages

yeah... i think we definately need more info here...thats alot of work just for an upgraded fuel system
Old 08-12-2003, 08:15 AM
civicexstacy00

no, the car is still NA, but i am eventually going to turbo the car. But anyways, I just had the fuel curve tuned so I know the car isn't dumping too much fuel. That's why I'm left to thinking that it's the MSD, but I have no idea how to test it myself to make sure it's functioning properly. I'm going to recheck the plugs today to make sure they aren't fowled or coroded. And yeah the AFR is fine we tested that too.
Old 08-12-2003, 03:57 PM
egzivic

When does your VTEC come on? I had mine set to low and too high and found that the motor seemed to hang/bog. Once I found the sweet spot it ran great thru the entire throttle/RPM range. I have a B16, so not sure it would have same effect as single cam. In theory it could be your issue?
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 PM
civicexstacy00

it has nothing to do with vtec engagement. like i said, it only happens when i'm cruising at a constant RPM, ususally 3-4K RPM.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
civicexstacy00

I changed my plugs and that didn't fix the pblm.