Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

99 Si exhaust

Old 08-06-2003, 09:38 PM
EBPSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Si exhaust

Is there any way I could make a N1 sound like Apex world sport. I could get the N1 for really cheap and I have a muffler shop that could custom bend some piping. So what, if anything, can I do to make a n1 muffler sound like a world sport? certian size piping resonators...etc. I want the exhaust to less constrictive than stock.
Thanks guys!
Old 08-07-2003, 02:54 PM
dreamspeed

not sure exactly what you are asking but i think you are basically asking how to make the n1 more quiet? To make sure it's quiet get a good resonator. it's hard to get a specific sound out of a exhaust since a lot of things can effect it such as size of motor, mods, size of piping, size of resonator...
Old 08-08-2003, 10:54 AM
EBPSI

yea, i like the style of the N1 and the price, but not the sound. I love the WS sound but not the price, so...
Old 08-10-2003, 09:04 PM
sunshine
Torqueless Wonder

Yea just take it to a muffler shop and have a fattie resonator put in, or have another muffler welded in. I'm thinking about getting another straight through muffler inplace of the sorry excuse for a resonator that tanabe has placed the racing medallion exhaust system.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:44 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

The N1 style is a loud cheap design, that's how it works.

-PHiZ