Notices

just bought a 97 integra LS and need to change the audio

Old 07-24-2003, 05:48 AM
gAmEs0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just bought a 97 integra LS and need to change the audio

the price is $7600 for 60k miles. is that too much?

can someone give me some hints or pointers on how to run the front speaker cables from the speakers, pass the door panel, and to the amp, open the front door panels as I m going to change everything from speakers to deck, how to change the deck and how to run power cable from battery to the amp ? do i need to drill a hole in firewall or i can use some existing one?

also, is it OK to run the speaker cable along with the RCA cable together on one side, and the power cable on the other side ? or i need to separate the speakers cable from RCA as well?

thanks a lot for the help

PS: are there any other integra board besides this one?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:37 AM
pomansouth

you can run good wires beside each other. there is an existing hole to use by your battery on the fire wall. changing decks is a pain but it is simple. you need a wie harness and dash kit and a deck and ofcoarse the tools. match the colors of wires and hook em up. and then plug the wire harness in and then put the deck in the dashkit that pops in your dash. now if you are gonna put an amp of the front speakers then i wouldnt do it unless they are component speakers or they have bass blockers on them. just me and my thoughts. if i can help you in any other way then pm me and i will try. hope i helped. peace steven
Old 07-24-2003, 12:32 PM
gAmEs0n

how to take out the deck?

instructions?

thanks
Old 07-24-2003, 12:46 PM
drive4show

installdr talks about HU installation.

There is an article at team-integra.net that shows how to do the install without a dash kit. I just did this last week. Surprising how simple it is for you -- or someone else -- to remove the HU.

There should be other pointers in the Audio section of this site, too.

Good luck!

PS I just installed a Jensen MP5010K HU. Before the audiophiles start crapping on me, it has higher power than stock, plays MP3 files, has pre-amp outputs, and was about $150 total off of ebay.
Old 07-24-2003, 01:01 PM
gAmEs0n

forgot to add

i am going to install 2 DIN size (1 for the player, the other is DSP DIN size). do i still need the in-dash kit?

the link u provide is for 90-93 integra. my integra is 97, so is it going to be the same?

thanks.