Notices

tire maintenance

Old 07-22-2003, 09:24 PM
Digit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire maintenance

before i even ask, yes i did run a search but the word tire and maintenance are in sooo many articles and i got tired of combing through them all

now as to the question, i think i may have to rotate my tires but to be honest i dont know much at all about tire maintenance and im sure you all have extensive knowledge on it
basically can you just outline some points (i.e. how to tell you need to rotate or get new tires, rotation patterns, etc)

thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 09:36 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

I tried writing what I thought but it's all right here and more accurate anyway.

http://www.tirerack.com/about/techcenter.html
Old 07-23-2003, 12:03 AM
b00gers

maintaince includes:

proper air pressure- you can check the air pressure everytime you pump gas. but be sure to check it when the car is cold, not after 30 mins on the highway or something.

rotate tires- if you tires are directional, swap the fronts to the back, and the back to the front, keeping the tires on the same side of the car. if they arent directional, do the cross method: front driver side goes to rear passenger side, vice versa and front passenger goes to rear driver side. rotate about every 3-4 miles. or every oil change.

alignment- good to get if the way your car drives "feels" funny. or if you change out any of your suspension parts.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When your tires aren't directional, you cross them towards the driving wheels. The driving wheels stay on the same side & move to the non-driving axle. The non-driving wheels cross to the other side as they move to the driving axle.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:00 AM
Amirked

if you have a sears auto center in your area take it to them . . they do it for free=)