Notices

Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

Old 06-20-2003, 10:55 AM
Makari

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

I recently purchased a 2003 accord coupe lx, hubcaps come standard on the lx, so i ordered 16'' alloy wheels from the list of honda's accessories. They were included in the overall price of the car, so i'm not sure exactly how much they charged for me, but they retail around $900(these are the rims http://www.hondacars.com/images/2003...3263_large.jpg . The dealer told me that it would take a week for them to arrive, then i'd bring it in and they'd install them. Well, it took 3 weeks for them to come in, but went today to get them installed. I get a phone call later today saying that they can't put them on because my wheels with the hubcaps are 15'' and these rims are for 16'' wheels, so if i want to put them on, i'd have to buy a set of tires that fit 16'' rims for around $500. They say there was a mixup when it came to the purchase, but the tires weren't included (which i think is really dumb, and they should have said something). The specific salesman who did the deal with us wasn't in today, so I will have to talk to him on monday, but i'm wondering what I should do. I'm a newb to car/tire/rim buying, so the question is....should i have to pay for the tires? am i getting ripped off? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:06 AM
jaccordan

Tell them to keep the rims and you wantyour money back. Take the money and go buy a set of 18 inch aftermarket rims and tires.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:12 AM
Baco95
that just ain't baaalla!

Originally posted by jaccordan
Tell them to keep the rims and you wantyour money back. Take the money and go buy a set of 18 inch aftermarket rims and tires.
:thumbup: I would do that
Old 06-20-2003, 11:14 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Originally posted by Baco95
me too :thumbup:
Old 06-20-2003, 11:17 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

Originally posted by Makari
I recently purchased a 2003 accord coupe lx, hubcaps come standard on the lx, so i ordered 16'' alloy wheels from the list of honda's accessories. They were included in the overall price of the car, so i'm not sure exactly how much they charged for me, but they retail around $900(these are the rims http://www.hondacars.com/images/200...03263_large.jpg . The dealer told me that it would take a week for them to arrive, then i'd bring it in and they'd install them. Well, it took 3 weeks for them to come in, but went today to get them installed. I get a phone call later today saying that they can't put them on because my wheels with the hubcaps are 15'' and these rims are for 16'' wheels, so if i want to put them on, i'd have to buy a set of tires that fit 16'' rims for around $500. They say there was a mixup when it came to the purchase, but the tires weren't included (which i think is really dumb, and they should have said something). The specific salesman who did the deal with us wasn't in today, so I will have to talk to him on monday, but i'm wondering what I should do. I'm a newb to car/tire/rim buying, so the question is....should i have to pay for the tires? am i getting ripped off? Thanks for the help.
Well, obviously you have to pay for the tires if you buy the rims. The problem I have is this: They wanna charge for $500 for POS tires when you can buy maximum performance tires that will perform 10 times better for only 50 bucks more.

Seeing as how you included the rims with the price of your car, I don't think they will reimburse you for the rims. Maybe. Try it. But for future reference, only buy these things on line. www.handaaccessories.com has all Accord accessory OEM wheels for much cheaper than the dealer's cost.

Just one question: Why didn't you get the 17" accessory wheels?
Old 06-20-2003, 11:30 AM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Default Re: Re: Dealer mix-up regarding wheels, advice?

Originally posted by jaccordan

Originally posted by Baco95

Originally posted by whoaitslen2

me too :thumbup:

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6

Well, obviously you have to pay for the tires if you buy the rims. The problem I have is this: They wanna charge for $500 for POS tires when you can buy maximum performance tires that will perform 10 times better for only 50 bucks more.

Seeing as how you included the rims with the price of your car, I don't think they will reimburse you for the rims. Maybe. Try it. But for future reference, only buy these things on line. www.handaaccessories.com has all Accord accessory OEM wheels for much cheaper than the dealer's cost.

:werd: to all of these...
Old 06-20-2003, 12:02 PM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

I don't think your getting ripped off...16 Honda rims will run you close to $900...unfortunately they didn't mention that you'd need tires.

I really recommend you buy a set of really performance oriented tires like toyo T1-s or Bridgestone S03 and keep your 15 inch steelies/caps for the winter... DON'T BUY TIRES FROM THE DEALER and DON'T LET THEM KEEP YOUR STEELIES!

noel
Old 06-20-2003, 12:41 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by vtecinside
I really recommend you buy a set of really performance oriented tires like toyo T1-s or Bridgestone S03
Goodyear F1 GS-D3 is a better tire than the S-03, especially in the wet. This is from personal experience, as I have owned both on my Accord and also the Dunlop SP9000. It is much more predictable when pushed to the limit and much quieter as well. The T1-S is nice but not as nice as the F1. Highest rated tire on tirerack.com and winner of the EVO magazine comparison test between maximum performance tires (T1-S came in like 4th and S-03 came in last or 2nd to last).
Old 06-20-2003, 01:43 PM
Makari

I didnt like how any of the 17'' accessory wheels looked.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:54 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by Makari

I didnt like how any of the 17'' accessory wheels looked.
Which 16" wheels did you get?

And BTW, welcome to HAN :thumbup:

PS - Use the quote button at the bottom of the post :thumbup: