Notices

Got P&p Head W/cam Installed

Old 06-19-2003, 10:41 AM
MarylandHonda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got P&p Head W/cam Installed

cant post it on HS cause somethings up but i just got my car back from the shop. i got a p&p head with gude cam, aem cam gear, timing belts, water pump, and the other belts. the car feels good to, it idles crazy like hell but driven wise it feels good. it makes this almost like blow off valve noise....
as for noticen gains, i notice a lot, still haven been able to open it up tho. i have a shift light tach and have it set at 5200 and it gets to that with no prob.
the mechanic i go to said the it was the head package deal from Gude performance ( i guess cause he has seen it a lot, no sure)
but theres always a down side of taken ur ride to the shop, u find out what else u need. found out i need axles (even tho they dont click) and new motor mounts. the axles im not sure about cause another mechanic told me that it was the sway bar bushing cause i dont have none so they click sometimes when i hit a bump or something.
but anyway just wanted to share with accord crew.
peace.........
Old 06-19-2003, 10:46 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Were did you get the motor work done? When I go back to Morgan, I am looking for a good shop to get some work down while I am down there.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:49 AM
MarylandHonda

Lucas perf. in Clolumbia Maryland.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:52 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

You guys plan on having another meet this time??
Old 06-19-2003, 11:52 AM
MarylandHonda

well im not sure, i kno theres a meet/car race/show this saturday a lot of, the Nopi race wars, a lot of folks said there gona hit it, its at Buzz creek, im not sure if im a go cause im broke as a joke after gettin all this shit put on.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:38 PM
iakona
green quarter...

nice set up. nice to see some SOHC N/A love!!!
Old 06-19-2003, 05:11 PM
Y2A

Lucas Performance?! The same damn Lucas Performance thats listed in the yellow pages with the supra in their ad?! It says their in Beltsville! So I went to the address that was in the phonebook, and there was no Lucas Performance there Then I called them up and they said they were in Jessup, on Washington Blvd, so I went, and STILL couldnt find it . So now its in Columbia?! Somebody set this straight!
Old 06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
MarylandHonda

yeah thats it, i dont kno the address for sure but its right off route 1, not sure if it was elk ridge or what but its next door to a Powdercoating company on route 1, maybe that helped.

but i opened it up today, got on the road wnet down (kinda like a highway) went back up and gunned it, then when i slowed down a mazda pro. gets all on my ass, didn notice it til i was cruisen, i said man, i dont have time for that, whatever, then i thought, shit im out here testing it, minest well.......floored it in 4th, started to pull, could tell the mazda floored it but i still was pullin. i pulled like 10-12 cars until i let it go.
then a cavalier wanted to test me.........lol (damn i must have I have new engine mods written all over my head)
so i say **** it and hit it......pulled bout 5 cars until someone jumped infront of me. so i said ill wait til the road opens up, road opens so we both hit it and it wasnt no contest, i was gone, he didnt want anymore after that....lol
so over all, gude head package gives u a nice gain
Old 06-20-2003, 04:24 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Sweet gains. Any dyno time coming up?
Old 06-20-2003, 04:56 AM
iakona
green quarter...

yeah, and tune that sucker with a cam gear and an SAFC II. then it'll be reliable and will fly!

still maaaaad props on the car. me likeee!!