Notices

Sluggish, and getting worse.........

Old 06-18-2003, 01:26 PM
chrisexv6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sluggish, and getting worse.........

A couple weeks ago I posted about my sluggish 6th gen. Since then, Ive pretty much done everything that was suggested (except for Seafoam, but more on that later) and it seems like its getting worse instead of better.

Right now, I think I notice it being worse when the car is warm. Also, when in D4 and I give it enough throttle to downshift into 3rd, it feels almost like something is pushing back on the car. And the car responds that way too...........almost like there is no acceleration in 3rd, so it ends up downshifting to 2nd. SO, either something is loading up the motor, or something is funky with the tranny. The tranny doesnt seem to shift any better or worse than normal, nor does it slip. But by the same token, the car seems to be running fine. No codes, no flashing D4 light. However, the tranny fluid is not pink like it should be........its actually a light brown color......I have an appt. to get it changed next Sat, but if I can get the dealer to see a problem before that, they might end up doing it for nothing.

As far as Seafoam goes, I pulled off the intake tube, only to see an immaculate throttle plate (its still the brass color that it probably was when the car was new), so I didnt go any further just yet.

Run 4 tanks of gas with FI cleaner. Replaced air filter.

Any ideas? Naturally the dealer thinks Im nuts, because the computer says the car is fine. They drove it too, but again still couldnt find any issues (I guess someone who drives my car for 2 minutes will know how its been running for the last 3 years, right? )

Thanks in advance!!!
-Chris